Question Using multiple splitters in 1 system

radmanhs

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
I'm wondering if it's ok to use multiple passive/active switches in a row for multiple inputs/outputs. I have a turntable and DAC as inputs, then 2 headphone amps and a pair of speakers as outputs.

I found the Mackie Big Knob Studio+, but I was wondering if there were any better options, preferably rack mountable, even if it is 2 separate devices. My biggest worry is that having multiple switches will cause signal degradation, but I'm not sure.

What do you guys think?

Ralston18

Titan
I would be hard pressed to definitively state yes or no to any given signal degradation beyond simply knowing that the more connections the more the signals could be affected. But perhaps within a range that is subjectively inaudible to the listener(s).

Are you able to sketch out a simple diagram to show the desired setup?

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2173703/post-images-tomshardware-guide.html

No need to be a work of art per se. Just clear enough to present the devices and intended connection paths.

Make and model information would be helpful as well. Quality certainly matters with respect to all components and cables.

There are some really good audio folks within this Forum.

Update your post accordingly. Doing so is likely to garner more specific responses.