[SOLVED] using my handsfree as microphone works in my old computer but not in the one i built

erzebet

Prominent
Oct 2, 2019
I would like to use my handsfree as a microphone. I was using them in my old all-in one pc. In my new which is a custom built i can hear sounds but i cannot use the speaker. There is no sound or sometimes i get the plug in the device error. I have tried both available slots. I have connected the handsfree to the headset and the microphone plug. After I connect them a Radeon windows pops and asks the type of the device I just plugged. I have chose headset and microphone, still nothing. I also checked for the licence since I have windows 10 and the access let's say for the voice recorder is on. I would like to buy actual headset or even a microphone but I'm afraid there is something to be fixed.

Solution
Need more details about what you are connecting and what connections you are using. You are talking about plugging things in, but when most people talk about "handsfree" they are talking about a bluetooth phone earpiece which does not get plugged in. What are you using?
Need more details about what you are connecting and what connections you are using. You are talking about plugging things in, but when most people talk about "handsfree" they are talking about a bluetooth phone earpiece which does not get plugged in. What are you using?

Solution

erzebet

Prominent
Oct 2, 2019

The handsfree has a cord and I'm connected it to the audio jack of my pc.

erzebet

Prominent
Oct 2, 2019
What is this "handsfee" thing? Need brand and model of whatever you are using. If this thing has a single 4 pole connection and your system has dual 3.5mm 3 pole connections you will need to get an adapter to split the mic and headphones.
Xiaomi Mi Piston Basic Edition

It's a cheap handsfree that i bought for my phone the xiaomi Mi Piston I found from a site that they have a 3.5mm connection.
My computer has a gigabyte b450m ds3h motherboard.
I've read about the adapter you mentioned while I was searching for a solution. But I don't understand why they work both (speakers and mic) in my all-in-one pc and not in the other :unsure:

Xiaomi Mi Piston Basic Edition

It's a cheap handsfree that i bought for my phone the xiaomi Mi Piston I found from a site that they have a 3.5mm connection.
My computer has a gigabyte b450m ds3h motherboard.
I've read about the adapter you mentioned while I was searching for a solution. But I don't understand why they work both (speakers and mic) in my all-in-one pc and not in the other :unsure:

Your other PC probably had a 4 pole jack, the new one has dual 3 pole jacks. You need to get a 4 pole to 3 pole adapter. That "handsfree" is a in ear headphone with mic, handsfree is a generic thing like saying "brick" when there are 50 different types of brick.

TRENDING THREADS