[SOLVED] Using my m.2 drive 9 ( Currently Raid 0) with widows installed on it in a new build

Oct 11, 2021
Hi there everypne.

I have Asus A99 II mobo, 6800k i7 cpu, 32gb corsair lpx cl18 ram, nvidia 1080 Ti GPU and one m.2 wd black drive. My system runs in raid 0. I will want to transfer this drive with op system in to the new computer I am building. The question is :-

1. Do i need to use Raid 0 anymore ? (New build is amd 5950, 32gb 4400 ram ddr4, asus 3080ti all watercooled + Asus Crosshair VIII dark hero mobo)
  2. If not , the simplest way to move it over. I have Aomei Back upper pro ..........

Any help would be appreciated.

Ady

Solution
I have Asus A99 II mobo, 6800k i7 cpu, 32gb corsair lpx cl18 ram, nvidia 1080 Ti GPU and one m.2 wd black drive. My system runs in raid 0.
RAID 0, by definition, includes more than one drive. However, It's possible that your controller is just recognizing a single drive as RAID 0.

It's never a good idea to move an OS to a new computer that has significant hardware differences (like motherboard). You should backup critical data, wipe your drive, and install a fresh OS and programs from scratch.
I have Asus A99 II mobo, 6800k i7 cpu, 32gb corsair lpx cl18 ram, nvidia 1080 Ti GPU and one m.2 wd black drive. My system runs in raid 0.
RAID 0, by definition, includes more than one drive. However, It's possible that your controller is just recognizing a single drive as RAID 0.

It's never a good idea to move an OS to a new computer that has significant hardware differences (like motherboard). You should backup critical data, wipe your drive, and install a fresh OS and programs from scratch.

Reactions: Ady1966
Solution
Oct 11, 2021
Dear Alceryes, This of course makes sense, however, it is such a pain in the a**e sometimes ! I know the m.2 card was partitioned and I believe raid 0 was set up that way. I am not planning to use Raid 0 on this new machine as I feel the hardware should be fast enough.....? Ady

Reactions: kanewolf

USAFRet

Titan
  1. You almost certainly can't transfer the drive to a new system. Old Intel -> New Ryzen...not gonna work
  2. You really need to give us better info on this theoretical RAID 0.
But the "RAID 0" kinda does not make a difference, because you'll be doing a full wipe and reinstall anyway.

TRENDING THREADS