[SOLVED] Using NewTek NDI to transfer screen to another PC

May 2, 2020
Hi there I’m looking for a little bit of help!

Please move if I’m in the wrong area, as it’s Ethernet I thought network is appropriate place to post. As the title said, I’m using NDI NewTek Scan Converter to pick up my main pc and output it to my stream pc (streamlabs obs software to pick it up). I’m using a crossover Ethernet cable to get the information across. However I get nothing going from one pc to another. Both PCs are on wireless but as I said they are directly connected via the crossover. Even when I simple attempt to connect the PCs via the cable to do simple file share nothing works. I’ve tried opening sharing settings, using static IPs etc. If I wish to do this do I require to have a switch box or is there something that I’m missing?

Many thanks

Jonathan Laws

Solution

Please move if I’m in the wrong area, as it’s Ethernet I thought network is appropriate place to post. As the title said, I’m using NDI NewTek Scan Converter to pick up my main pc and output it to my stream pc (streamlabs obs software to pick it up). I’m using a crossover Ethernet cable to get the information across. However I get nothing going from one pc to another. Both PCs are on wireless but as I said they are directly connected via the crossover. Even when I simple attempt to connect the PCs via the cable to do simple file share nothing works. I’ve tried opening sharing settings, using static IPs etc. If I wish to do this do I require to have a switch box or is there something...

kanewolf

Titan

Please move if I’m in the wrong area, as it’s Ethernet I thought network is appropriate place to post. As the title said, I’m using NDI NewTek Scan Converter to pick up my main pc and output it to my stream pc (streamlabs obs software to pick it up). I’m using a crossover Ethernet cable to get the information across. However I get nothing going from one pc to another. Both PCs are on wireless but as I said they are directly connected via the crossover. Even when I simple attempt to connect the PCs via the cable to do simple file share nothing works. I’ve tried opening sharing settings, using static IPs etc. If I wish to do this do I require to have a switch box or is there something that I’m missing?

Many thanks

Jonathan Laws
You will have to do static IPs on both PCs. You don't have a DHCP server on your point-to-point network. You also have to make the subnet (third number in the IP) different from the subnet of the WIFI. So if your WIFI is 192.168.0.x -- then your wired IPs have to be 192.168.10.x (any third number but 0). Windows 10 will see these as public networks and treat the hosts as non-trusted. You will have to change the network to a private trusted network.

Solution