Using Nvidia Gtx 1050ti With an Hdmi to Vga Adapter...??

rahul srivastava

Honorable
May 17, 2013
Hi.... Im Planning to buy an 1050ti 4gb but the thing is my moniter is vga.

So i was wondering that is it safe to use an hdmi/dvi d to vga adapter for 7-8 mnths till i upgrade my moniter.

I will be doing heavy cooding n casual gaming at 720p high settings.

I will be glad if u guys help me figure this out

Solution
VGA is Analog, and DVI-D is Digital only. Although: DVI-I carries both an analog and digital signal, so if you want a non-active (passive) adapter you HAVE to use the DVI-I connector. If you will comment your manufacturer and model, I can tell you (looking at the pictures) if it has a DVI-I connector or DVI-D connector.
The connectors are 90% of the time like the reference (founders edition) card, which has a DVI-D (which is bad for analog).
Alternatively, you can look at pictures or websites online for the difference between DVI-I and DVI-D.

Hope this helps.

idanlol7856

Commendable
Jul 3, 2017
VGA is Analog, and DVI-D is Digital only. Although: DVI-I carries both an analog and digital signal, so if you want a non-active (passive) adapter you HAVE to use the DVI-I connector. If you will comment your manufacturer and model, I can tell you (looking at the pictures) if it has a DVI-I connector or DVI-D connector.
The connectors are 90% of the time like the reference (founders edition) card, which has a DVI-D (which is bad for analog).
Alternatively, you can look at pictures or websites online for the difference between DVI-I and DVI-D.

Hope this helps.

Solution