[SOLVED] using Office without being tied to a microsoft account

toha409

Honorable
Mar 12, 2017
hello
new to windows 10

i recently purchased a new Dell laptop with windows 10 home. i am gradually trying to acclimate myself with windows 10 and while i like it overall like many i am not at all thrilled about the invasive nature of 10 and being forced into a Microsoft account for log in and tied to the Microsoft universe.

is there any way to buy/run a stand alone version of office that i can install and use without being tied to Microsoft?
i have an older version of office 2010 on a disc with product key that would still be fine for me, i am a casual user and only use Excel and occasionally Word, i have no use for any of the other programs.

thanks for the help

Solution
hello
new to windows 10

i recently purchased a new Dell laptop with windows 10 home. i am gradually trying to acclimate myself with windows 10 and while i like it overall like many i am not at all thrilled about the invasive nature of 10 and being forced into a Microsoft account for log in and tied to the Microsoft universe.

is there any way to buy/run a stand alone version of office that i can install and use without being tied to Microsoft?
i have an older version of office 2010 on a disc with product key that would still be fine for me, i am a casual user and only use Excel and occasionally Word, i have no use for any of the other programs.

thanks for the help
You do NOT need to use an MS account for Office.
You also do...

USAFRet

Titan
hello
new to windows 10

thanks for the help
You do NOT need to use an MS account for Office.
You also do NOT need to log in with an MS account to simply use the PC.

For all day to day use, I have a local Standard user, and also a local Admin user.
The user account linked to MS is basically never used.

Even in the system as you have it now, you can create local users, both Standard and Admin.
Use those.

Solution