[SOLVED] Using paid antivirus which does not require an online account

Mar 16, 2021
I use Windows 10 home.
Problem description: antivirus vendors require to create an account in order to use their software. If somebody else gains access to the account it can remotely perform actions to my PC depending on the vendor.

Sophos: someone having access will be able to track my PC, deactivate software, lock the PC.

BitDefender: a lot of stuff possible. If someone gains access to my bitDefender account I would shred my PC rather than use it.

Can someone suggest an Antivirus Software which will not need an account or at least not offer any access to my PC through online account (including deactivation of the antivirus itself).

The only one I know is AVG and probably avast? Both I am not willing to use. Are there other antivirus programs which comply to my requirement?

Thank you very much.

Solution
Most any ISP in the country will give you a FREE AV. Usually you get 10 licenses included with your internet service bill. Contact support and start using it, usually its a well known solution, full version. Then you can always do 2nd opinon stuff as well malwarebytes, hitman pro, and the windows built in safety features. Combine that with a browser with AD blocker and you have a decent system thats protected if you do your normal cybersecurity diligence.

Comcast gives you norton 360
Charter gives you fsecure
EPB gives you Karpaskey

Colif

Win 11 Master
I wouldn't use Avast, they sell your email details. So they may not have an online account but they aren't a safe choice.
I used them before swapping to another one you have already rejected.
I don't have any ideas. Sorry.

Mar 16, 2021
Norton offers 2FA methods but requires spending a lot of time to get stuff running. Absolutely incredible installation of Norton! I think the product management of Symantec lost the connection to reality. All the steps require several days of work to get the program run properly! People have to care about other stuff rather to spend the holidays on installing Norton. Absolutely disappointed and do not recommend issuing this software for home users.
But I could find another software which does not require any accounts: f-secure internet security. Unfortunately it seems like it is obsolete..

sonofjesse

Distinguished
Most any ISP in the country will give you a FREE AV. Usually you get 10 licenses included with your internet service bill. Contact support and start using it, usually its a well known solution, full version. Then you can always do 2nd opinon stuff as well malwarebytes, hitman pro, and the windows built in safety features. Combine that with a browser with AD blocker and you have a decent system thats protected if you do your normal cybersecurity diligence.

Comcast gives you norton 360
Charter gives you fsecure
EPB gives you Karpaskey

Solution