[SOLVED] Using PC speaker & microphone to handle cellphone calls

Shalmaneser

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2013
My cellphone microphone/speaker is horrible. My PC is great for apps such as zoom & skype. I use my cellphone as a internet hotspot access for the PC. I need to participate in various phone conference calls. I don't see the need for VOIP charges. Is there a solution for using the PC speakers & microphone to make SIM based phone calls?

Solution
If you're on recent Windows 10 build, check whether "My Phone" app will work for your phone. I have it enabled for my Samsung, and I am able to use my laptop as glorified hands-free headset to my phone (in addition to other functions like being able to write SMSs on the laptop).
If you're on recent Windows 10 build, check whether "My Phone" app will work for your phone. I have it enabled for my Samsung, and I am able to use my laptop as glorified hands-free headset to my phone (in addition to other functions like being able to write SMSs on the laptop).

Solution
Apr 26, 2021
Use both speakers and a headset with microphone on a sound card with both Speaker-Out and Line-Out Jacks. Some sound cards have both a speaker out and a line out jack. If you have both jacks, then your headphones can go in the speaker-out jack and your amplified speakers can go in the line-out jack.