Using Pinnacle 8 with DVD+RW

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

I'm tried to burn my Pinnacle 8-made DVD onto a DVD+RW and it worked
fine. I tried to burn the disk a second time and Pinnacle kept saying
"This disk is not blank. Insert a blank disk to continue."

Can't I burn a single DVD+RW with Pinnacle 8 several times?

Thanks,
Stephen

s wrote:
> I'm tried to burn my Pinnacle 8-made DVD onto a DVD+RW and it worked
> fine. I tried to burn the disk a second time and Pinnacle kept saying
> "This disk is not blank. Insert a blank disk to continue."
>
> Can't I burn a single DVD+RW with Pinnacle 8 several times?

I don't use Studio, but have you tried erasing the disc with whatever
burning software you have? (Nero, etc)

-WD

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

s <youshouldbe@home.with.yourself> wrote in

> I'm tried to burn my Pinnacle 8-made DVD onto a DVD+RW and it
> worked fine. I tried to burn the disk a second time and Pinnacle
> kept saying "This disk is not blank. Insert a blank disk to
> continue."
>
> Can't I burn a single DVD+RW with Pinnacle 8 several times?
>
> Thanks,
> Stephen

You can burn it several times only if you erase it between times :)

I forget if Studio 8 has an erase command. I can't find it in the
manual, and it's been uninstalled here :)

If Studio can't do it & you don't have Nero to follow Will Dormann's
suggestion, try putting the DVD in the drive, right-click on it, and
choose "Erase this CD-RW". At least, the computer here gives me that
choice - it might depend on which SW is installed... The disc I put in
is a DVD+RW, so I have no idea if that command might ruin the disc -
and I fear to try it.

Your call...

HTH,
Gino

--
Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

It has nothing to do with Studio 8, you need to ERASE RE-WRITABLE!!