Question Using Razer Thunderbolt 4 Dock with Razer Core X Chroma ?

Jun 23, 2021
I just got the Razer thunderbolt 4 dock and the Razer Core X Chroma for use with my MSI GS66 Stealth with 10th gen i9, RTX 2080 Super, thunderbolt 3, and 32 gb ddr4 ram, and I have 2 questions:
  1. How do I connect the dock and the egpu up to my laptops. For instance would I connect the thunderbolt 4 dock to the laptop, then connect the egpu to the dock and then the external monitor, or vice versa
  2. What is the best GPU to use in the EGPU case? I need some thing better than the laptop version of the RTX 2080 super, but not so much that it gets bottlenecked due to setup constraints, I have heard that using another nvidia card like a 3070 would make me have to uninstall the 2080 super driver and then reinstall the 3070 drivers (can anyone confirm this) so I was thinking maybe a Radeon 6700xt to avoid this issue.
Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks guys

Reactions: N4ch3
Jul 13, 2021
I just got the Razer thunderbolt 4 dock and the Razer Core X Chroma for use with my MSI GS66 Stealth with 10th gen i9, RTX 2080 Super, thunderbolt 3, and 32 gb ddr4 ram, and I have 2 questions:
  1. How do I connect the dock and the egpu up to my laptops. For instance would I connect the thunderbolt 4 dock to the laptop, then connect the egpu to the dock and then the external monitor, or vice versa
  2. What is the best GPU to use in the EGPU case? I need some thing better than the laptop version of the RTX 2080 super, but not so much that it gets bottlenecked due to setup constraints, I have heard that using another nvidia card like a 3070 would make me have to uninstall the 2080 super driver and then reinstall the 3070 drivers (can anyone confirm this) so I was thinking maybe a Radeon 6700xt to avoid this issue.
Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks guys

Hello, can you confirm if this works for you?

Planning to purchase the razer dock 4 and then plug my razer Core x to the dock, but don't know if this are going to work...

Thank you very much

TRENDING THREADS