[SOLVED] Using same PSU cables for a new PSU from the same brand?

paultheuns1993

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017
Hello lovely people.

I currently own a EVGA G2 Supernova 550w.
I am going to get a 2nd 980ti now.
For that I plan to upgrade to a EVGA G2 Supernova 850w.
My question is, can I just use the same cable for the motherboard, cpu and first gpu and sata etc? Or will this be dangerous?
Because I already did a lot of cable management, and it would be a shame to redo that... (I know it aint perfect)
arG4eK5_700bwp.webp

paultheuns1993

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017

I saw that indeed too, I emailed them but still no reply and they don't have an active interactive fb page sadly like other brands...
But look at just the comment before you... People automatically just shout stuff... without any real explanation.
But thank you for your nice answer

paultheuns1993

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017
Welp...
EVGA Support Email
paul_theuns6@live.nl, thank you for contacting the EVGA Customer Service Team. My name is Jeff Peterson and I will answer your question today.

Your Answer:
Hello,

No the 850w uses a different gauge cable so we do not recommend using the cables from a 550w unit. Please let us know if we can address future questions.

Regards,
EVGA
Your Question:
From: <paul_**@live.nl>
To: <supportEU@evga.com>
Subject:Customer Comment or Question

Customer Comment or Question

Name: Paul **
Email Address: paul_**@live.nl
Subject: Using same PSU cables for a new PSU from the same
Comment: Hello lovely people.

I currently own a EVGA G2 Supernova 550w.
I am going to get a 2nd 980ti now.
For that I plan to upgrade to a EVGA G2 Supernova 850w.
My question is, can I just use the same cable from the 550w for the motherboard, cpu and first gpu and sata etc? Or will this be dangerous?
Because I already did a lot of cable management, and it would be a shame to redo that...

This form was sent from this page: https://www.evga.com/support/custsupp.asp
This form was addressed to: supportEU@evga.com