[SOLVED] Using the microphone

braxx20

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2013
I have desktop with W10 PC with Realtek Audio.
I tried plugging in a microphone and am having trouble getting it to work,
1: HOW do you avoid FEEDBACK if you have active speakers if you are trying to talk and also listen.
2. What are the correct settings for the mike - I see under the Sound Recording tab,
a: Set as Default Device or
b: Set as Default Communication Device or
c; And other settings are available??
3: I seem to be forced to turn on the Microphone Privacy Settings BUT then "Host Processes" is activated and got garbled sound when I spoke and no one understood me.

Solution
I can do that but there are a multitude of settings that seem to be required(see my original post) and I can't find the righ\t ones.

All you need is to set it as the default device. Also if you have a cheap mic it may just be bad quality.

Best to use headphones with a desk mic if it is picking up your speakers. You should not need to mess with any options for it aside from setting the realtek audio mic as the default.
if u have loud speakers, then your mic will pretty much pick it up, u can try reducing mic/speaker volume or putting your mic away from speakers

if your soundcard has any mic voice enhancements, u can try them aswell

braxx20

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2013
if u have loud speakers, then your mic will pretty much pick it up, u can try reducing mic/speaker volume or putting your mic away from speakers

if your soundcard has any mic voice enhancements, u can try them aswell
I can do that but there are a multitude of settings that seem to be required(see my original post) and I can't find the righ\t ones.

All you need is to set it as the default device. Also if you have a cheap mic it may just be bad quality.

Best to use headphones with a desk mic if it is picking up your speakers. You should not need to mess with any options for it aside from setting the realtek audio mic as the default.

Solution