using the same cooler when upgrading from g3258 to 4690k?

May 27, 2018
Hi! Am buying a used 4690k off ebay to replace my g3258 as stuttering and low multitasking ability was becoming too much. The used 4690k does not come with a cooler, but since they are both lga1150 cpus im assuming they use the same cooler anyways. Will it be okay to just reapply thermal paste to new cpu and put the stock cooler from my g3258 back on? if not please reccomend me a replacement fan that installs easy. thank you so much in advance <3

Solution
Yes the same cooler will work by applying new thermal paste, but the 4690K is a much better, faster and hotter CPU so I would upgrade to at least a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo at the very least if you are still on the stock cooler. You have queit a bit of choice with the Be Quiet! Pure Rock and the Cryrig H5 or H7...all of these will do more than a good job. I am sure others will also point out other valid choices as well but from a cost to performance perspective the Hyper 212 is always good value
Yes the same cooler will work by applying new thermal paste, but the 4690K is a much better, faster and hotter CPU so I would upgrade to at least a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo at the very least if you are still on the stock cooler. You have queit a bit of choice with the Be Quiet! Pure Rock and the Cryrig H5 or H7...all of these will do more than a good job. I am sure others will also point out other valid choices as well but from a cost to performance perspective the Hyper 212 is always good value

Solution