Using the Samsung A460 as a pager

Hi folks,

I have a rather unusual case. At home, I have a 4-line answermachine taking
calls. It has the capability of dialing a pager to say "I got a call". I'd
like to have it page my cell phone. Unfortunately, I don't know if there's
a code or alternate access number for doing that. If I have it dial my cell
phone, the phone rings and when I pick up, I'm greeted with the touch tones
that *would* have been sent to a pager.

Sprint voice mail can send me a numeric page (or is it a text-message
disguising itself as a numeric page?). Does anyone know how I might do the
same?

Thanx, Ric

"No spam please" <nospam@sprynet.com> wrote in message news:<F2iqc.5303$SZ4.3799@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> Hi folks,
>
> I have a rather unusual case. At home, I have a 4-line answermachine taking
> calls. It has the capability of dialing a pager to say "I got a call". I'd
> like to have it page my cell phone. Unfortunately, I don't know if there's
> a code or alternate access number for doing that. If I have it dial my cell
> phone, the phone rings and when I pick up, I'm greeted with the touch tones
> that *would* have been sent to a pager.
>
> Sprint voice mail can send me a numeric page (or is it a text-message
> disguising itself as a numeric page?). Does anyone know how I might do the
> same?
>
> Thanx, Ric

Ric,

I have the same situation. What I did was use a telephone line that
is not normally used (my fax line) to call my cellphone. I then have
that line defined on the A460 as "Answering Machine". So, when there
is a message left on the answering machine, it calls my cellphone, and
my cellphone displays "Answering Machine". I then just silence the
call.

This works because all the telephone lines coming into my home go
through a PBX and I can easily choose the line that will be used for
the outgoing notification. Your situation may be a little different.

Barry