[SOLVED] Using third party extension cord cables

Herr B

Commendable
May 29, 2020
Dear Community,

I am still on the way of designing my own ultra compact micro ITX case with water cooling.

Since the housing will be so compact, I decided to move to a third party vendor, who can supply the Cables I need in exactly the right length. My decision has fallen to LinkUP since they are the only known Supplyer for PCIE 4.x extension cables right now, the shipping is 40 bucks so I want to use that shipping a little better.

For now I have two questions:
1. Will the cables provided by LinkUP be compatible with my Corsair SF750 PSU?

2. My Mainboard has an 8 Pin CPU power socket. I am used to having a 4+4 pin connector on the PSU. Is a 8 Pin connector compatible? On another Project I have seen that some plugs of that sort might have different shapes with the pins so they might not fit together.
strix-i-2d.jpg

LG,

Julian

Solution
Dear Community,

I am still on the way of designing my own ultra compact micro ITX case with water cooling.

Since the housing will be so compact, I decided to move to a third party vendor, who can supply the Cables I need in exactly the right length. My decision has fallen to LinkUP since they are the only known Supplyer for PCIE 4.x extension cables right now, the shipping is 40 bucks so I want to use that shipping a little better.

2. My Mainboard has an 8 Pin CPU power socket. I am used to having a 4+4 pin connector on the PSU. Is a 8 Pin connector compatible? On another Project I have seen that some plugs of that sort...
Dear Community,

2. My Mainboard has an 8 Pin CPU power socket. I am used to having a 4+4 pin connector on the PSU. Is a 8 Pin connector compatible? On another Project I have seen that some plugs of that sort might have different shapes with the pins so they might not fit together.
Julian
The cables are all standard at the component end as far as I know. Where they differ is at the PSU end of the cable. If you're having custom cables made they will ask you what power supply brand/model you're using in order to identify the pinouts for your PSU ports. You should have no problem there as long as you supply them with the correct information.

Extension cables connect to the component end of the stock PSU cables. You're using the cables that came with the PSU and adding extensions to them. Your only concern is to pick a supplier that has a good reputation for making high quality cables.

Last edited:
Reactions: Herr B
Solution

TRENDING THREADS