Using Three Monitors on EVGA GTX 1080 FTW

FetchInc

Prominent
May 7, 2017
Hello,

I have two monitors (currently connected 1xHDMI, 1xDisplayPort) on an EVGA GTX 1080 FTW. I am going to be purchasing a drawing graphics tablet that only has HDMI and DVI. Seeing as how the single HDMI port is being used, is anyone aware if I can run three monitors using 1xHDMI, 1xDisplayport, and 1xDVI? I have heard there is conflicts when using three monitors and not using just DP and HDMI.

Furthermore, if I have to use Displayport, would I need an active or passive adapter? Thank you greatly for your help!

Solution
For anyone with this same question I have contacted EVGA and found a solution. To go from the Displayport on the card to an HDMI or DVI input on the monitor I would have needed an active adapter.

However they have informed me that running triple monitors using 1xDisplayport, 1xHDMI, and 1xDVI will work just fine. There are no issues with running all three inputs.

FetchInc

Prominent
May 7, 2017
For anyone with this same question I have contacted EVGA and found a solution. To go from the Displayport on the card to an HDMI or DVI input on the monitor I would have needed an active adapter.

However they have informed me that running triple monitors using 1xDisplayport, 1xHDMI, and 1xDVI will work just fine. There are no issues with running all three inputs.

Solution