[SOLVED] Using Toshiba Canvio external hard disk into laptop internal Hdd

Skydaz

Prominent
Jun 23, 2019
So hello,
I just bought and used laptop without hdd and ssd, (a working laptop without any storage)
So i hve this toshiba canvio 1tb external hard disk, I open the case at there is a 2.5 hdd that can fit in a laptop.

So my question is, does this will affect my performance since i have read some people said manufacturer use slow hdd to make the external hard disk.
Thank you.

Solution
So my question is, does this will affect my performance since i have read some people said manufacturer use slow hdd to make the external hard disk.
Thank you.
Slow drive is better than no drive.

The physical drive is likely the same 5400RPM as what would be found in any typical laptop.
The question is if removing the drive from the enclosure exposes standard SATA connections.

USAFRet

Titan
Thank you.

The physical drive is likely the same 5400RPM as what would be found in any typical laptop.
The question is if removing the drive from the enclosure exposes standard SATA connections.

Solution

Skydaz

Prominent
Jun 23, 2019

Yup already did it, it use normal sata and successfully connected with the laptop, but the porblem is, my disk hit 100% usage when some windows update worling in background making it lagging as hell. Is it normal when windows update, the disk hit 100%-90% usage?

TRENDING THREADS