Question Using two 18' square monitor to make widescreen display

Mar 5, 2019
So I've got two 18'inch monitors lying around
maximum resolution if 1280*1024
the problem is that most games don't run full screen there are these black bars on top and bottom on full resolution
so i was thinking if i connected both displays and made them display the same screen will it be like a 36' wide display?

You could do that, but you'll have a horrible bezel in the middle. Try looking up using a dual monitor setup for shooter games. You really don't want that. Your crosshairs will be on the edges of both screens.

Have you checked if the graphics settings for those games are set to a 4:3 resolution? The black top and bottom bars make it sound like the games are set for Widescreen 16:9 use. They should vanish once the settings are correct.

Mar 5, 2019
You could do that, but you'll have a horrible bezel in the middle. Try looking up using a dual monitor setup for shooter games. You really don't want that. Your crosshairs will be on the edges of both screens.

Have you checked if the graphics settings for those games are set to a 4:3 resolution? The black top and bottom bars make it sound like the games are set for Widescreen 16:9 use. They should vanish once the settings are correct.
about the crosshairs and bezels I was thinking what about is i push my screen a little to either side say right and then the left side will have a black bar right? that'll fix the crosshairs issue
your thoughts?

Your games don't have a 1280x1024 option in the settings? Two screens will look horrible, if you move around the screens to hide one behind the other, you will still have one side of the bezel in the middle, and you will now have them at different angles. Spend $50 and get a used 22"-24" 1080 screen if you must run in that resolution for some reason.

crystalcity

Proper
Dec 5, 2018
What he said. You need a third cheap monitor for the middle, then it will be good for games. You can get used monitors for 20ish bucks. Does your video card has three outputs? Does it have enough power to run whatever your combined pixel count is going to be with all three? That is the real question.

Playing with a bezel in the middle is worse than just playing games on a single 18.