Using USB fan witth PC or laptop

dumisoft

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
I bought a USB fan for $4.6
It uses USB port's power to work. Is that good to motherboard? or bad?

This fan is not cooling PC or it's parts. The fan is for the user. (little table fan)

note* - Even I turn off PC, if power cable is connected to main power and if it is on, the USB fan works.

Solution
Well i suppose it could of burnt the motherboard if while trying to sleep still on and pulling electricity, but I don't think i've heard of a USB powered device burning the motherboard out just being plugged in.

ldewitt

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2013
Well i suppose it could of burnt the motherboard if while trying to sleep still on and pulling electricity, but I don't think i've heard of a USB powered device burning the motherboard out just being plugged in.

Solution

dumisoft

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Yes Idewitt. the laptop was running with the message "consider replacing your battery". But, I didn't replace the laptop battery. That should be the reason for braking the laptop.

Thanks for your answers :)

ldewitt

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2013
Or it might be that the battery is junk try taking the battery out and just running it with the power supply plugged in. It should be fine because I had to do that with my aunts laptop and shes still using the same laptop(without battery) only flaw is as soon as you pull the plug boom shuts right off. But yeah it wouldn't boot with the battery in it so thats why i pulled it out and ran it with just the power supply let me know if this works then you will be able to find another battery on wwww.amazon.com or even www.ebay.com carrys alot of cheap laptop batterys.

That's alright, it is good and all it will do is take one of your USB slots; try unplugging your laptop since it seems it still works along with the PC/laptop being turned off.