[SOLVED] Using W7 license with W10 clean install

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 10, 2021
I'm about to install W10 as a clean install using my W7 license number (validated within W7 system so should work). This will be installed on a new SSD but I intend to retain my existing W7 set-up on its existing SSD and selecting which system to use at boot up.

Can I continue to access my W7 disk programs with the existing W7 license validation?

Solution
Well - how can he revert back, if windows 7 license is deactivated already (during upgrade)?
Then is must be - both windows 7 and windows 10 licenses are active and operational at the same time.
Windows 7 license deactivation theory doesn't really make a lot of sense here.

And what, if customer wants to revert back after 30 day period is already over?
The activation takes that into account.

But basically, an inplace upgrade is one install. Used to be 7, then 10. One install.
Installing a second OS (new drive or partition) would require a second license, or consuming the original license for the new OS.

After 30 days?
Well...install Win 10 on a new drive (as the OP seems to want), and leave it Unactivated.
It will run just...
Jul 10, 2021
PSP = Paintshop Pro?
I use it daily, currently PSP 2021 Ultimate, with all the extra bits.

Generally, you should be able to buy a new license at the Upgrade price.
That will give you the license key, AND a download link.

Have now successfully installed new licence for W10 on separate SSD and can select either W7 of W10 at bootup. Both work perfectly.

Many thanks to all who helped with this