Using windows 7 drivers on windows 10

dionisisd

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014
Hello guys.
I am planing on buying a new ssd 240Gb and installing windows 10 on it so my computer would run faster. I cannot find windows 10 compatible drivers on msi's website. I can only find win xp win vista and win 7 drivers.

Will I be OK if I install win 7 drivers on win 10?

The motherboard is: ms7522 (msi) .

Solution
Hello dionisisd

Generally old drivers are compatible with the new versions of Windows, and there are many instances where the new and updated drivers fail to work with Windows 10 but the older ones run smoothly.

If you are not able to find Windows 10 drivers on the official website, talking to the MSI Customer Support Team would be a good idea.

Also, if any or all the drivers fail to work, you may want to try using tools like:

1) DriverPack Solution
2) DriverMax
3) SlimDrivers

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)

Colif

Win 11 Master

dionisisd

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014

Hmmm.. so should I stick with windows 7 or risk it to 10?

Hello dionisisd

Generally old drivers are compatible with the new versions of Windows, and there are many instances where the new and updated drivers fail to work with Windows 10 but the older ones run smoothly.

If you are not able to find Windows 10 drivers on the official website, talking to the MSI Customer Support Team would be a good idea.

Also, if any or all the drivers fail to work, you may want to try using tools like:

1) DriverPack Solution
2) DriverMax
3) SlimDrivers

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)

Solution

dionisisd

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014

oh I see :) I will install win10 as soon as I get my new ssd and I will come back to inform you and others for the progress

Thank you very much guys