USPS broke my monitor after I sold it on eBay

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cole.yarbrough04

Commendable
Sep 25, 2018
What do I do if USPS broke my monitor after I sold it on eBay. It was in perfect condition before but it arrived with a broken screen and stand. I sold it for 623 dollars using priory mail and the buyer asked for a refund. I refunded the buyer and filed a claim against USPS on their website. I provided all the information they asked for for filing a claim. How much money will they give me back and is there anything else I can do to get my money back? I want to get all my money back so please help me.

cole.yarbrough04

Commendable
Sep 25, 2018
I looked at my case after submitting it and it showed that I had not provided pictures for proof of value (I thought I did). Is there any way to edit a claim once it is submitted, or cancel the claim and make a new one?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Moved to more appropriate Opinions and Experiences section.

No one here can help you. Without additional insurance, you are limited to the base amount ($50). Only filing with USPS and working with them can you hope for any outcome in your favor.

Good luck.

Yo people, the deed is done, he didn't pay for any additional insurance.

Info should be on usps' website.

Am surprised the clerk didn't offer to sell u addition ins, or u weren't listening, 'cuz they always try to sell u more services.