USPS broke my monitor after I sold it on eBay

cole.yarbrough04

Commendable
Sep 25, 2018
What do I do if USPS broke my monitor after I sold it on eBay. It was in perfect condition before but it arrived with a broken screen and stand. I sold it for 623 dollars using priory mail and the buyer asked for a refund. I refunded the buyer and filed a claim against USPS on their website. I provided all the information they asked for for filing a claim. How much money will they give me back and is there anything else I can do to get my money back? I want to get all my money back so please help me.

D

Deleted member 14196

D

Deleted member 14196

unless they say you didn't package it correctly. Best of luck to you.

D

Deleted member 14196

you should be good with the standard coverage! good luck anyway.

We cant answer that.
If we go off the information provided in this thread, $50 dollars. Thats all youre insured for.

However, if its blatantly obvious that USPS handled/packed it wrong in the first place thats a different story. If they did the best they could to protect it and it was still damaged, you get $50.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Here's another question - did the buyer send it back? Did they provide evidence of the damage?

Was the package obviously damaged prior to them opening it?

I'm just wondering if it's possible that USPS delivered it just fine, and the buyer screwed up.

I'm just one guy, but I can say that for over 20 years, I've never had a problem with anything shipped by USPS.

EDIT: I would also point out that a lot of OP's questions could be more easily answered by USPS. Also, something that expensive, I wouldn't have shipped without insurance.

Did you confirm that the item the buyer sent back is the same item and literally the same serial# you sent them?

Scams abound with people swapping out their items for something they broke and returning to you their item for a refund and keeping yours.

It seems you are only going to get back $50 though.

cole.yarbrough04

Commendable
Sep 25, 2018
Here's another question - did the buyer send it back? Did they provide evidence of the damage?

Was the package obviously damaged prior to them opening it?

I'm just wondering if it's possible that USPS delivered it just fine, and the buyer screwed up.

I'm just one guy, but I can say that for over 20 years, I've never had a problem with anything shipped by USPS.

EDIT: I would also point out that a lot of OP's questions could be more easily answered by USPS. Also, something that expensive, I wouldn't have shipped without insurance.
The buyer is about to send it back. The buyer provided me pictures of the extensive damage and the monitor stand was sticking out of the box before he even opened it

cole.yarbrough04

Commendable
Sep 25, 2018
Did you confirm that the item the buyer sent back is the same item and literally the same serial# you sent them?

Scams abound with people swapping out their items for something they broke and returning to you their item for a refund and keeping yours.

It seems you are only going to get back $50 though.
They sent me a picture of the serial number and it matches my monitor