USR wifi & windows2000

rsm

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2004

I can't find the settings in Windows2000 to disable the build-in wifi
manager and use the USR utility. In WindowsXP this feature is easy to
change. I have a somewhat older PIII 450 and don't want to install XP on it
(2 slow).

PIII450 - 128Mb ram - 10Gb hdd - USR Wireless Turbo PCI Adapter Model:
USR805416
Wireless Turbo Multi-Function Access Point - Model USR805450

So for the moment i'm unable to connect to the router. Anyone have a idea
how to do it? I tried the USR helpfiles and site but no luck there. It
almost seems you MUST be a XP user to use the products.

Who has the answers?

Tnx,
Richard

Win2000 does not have built-in wifi manager, therefore everything
you got there is 3rd party.

--PA

"RSM" <rsm--zonderdezeteksttussendedemintekens-eke@pi.be> wrote in message news:tLedna8FnfAc-d7cRVnygw@scarlet.biz...
> I can't find the settings in Windows2000 to disable the build-in wifi
> manager and use the USR utility. In WindowsXP this feature is easy to
> change. I have a somewhat older PIII 450 and don't want to install XP on it
> (2 slow).
>
> PIII450 - 128Mb ram - 10Gb hdd - USR Wireless Turbo PCI Adapter Model:
> USR805416
> Wireless Turbo Multi-Function Access Point - Model USR805450
>
> So for the moment i'm unable to connect to the router. Anyone have a idea
> how to do it? I tried the USR helpfiles and site but no luck there. It
> almost seems you MUST be a XP user to use the products.
>
> Who has the answers?
>
> Tnx,
> Richard

ASK THE COMMUNITY