Utilization at 100% still bad fps :( (Gtx 1070)

hajradinigenti

Prominent
Oct 16, 2017
Hello

So i have this problem,the gpu usage is 100% while the cpu usage is 40% and i still get a bad fps,can anyone help me out? :)

i3 4160 3.6 ghz
Asus OC Gtx 1070
16GB Ram

Was this a fresh install, or, did you swap GPUs?

(Confirm the monitor is in fact connected to 1070, and not to integrated graphics out of mainboard? Nvidia drivers installed?)

An i3 is only going to deliver but about half the frame/sec that a GTX1070 is capable of...

hajradinigenti

Prominent
Oct 16, 2017
Thanks for the reply sir,yes i did actually swap gpus i had gtx 690 and than i bought gtx 1070 and swaped it!
yes all the drivers are installed and updated!
oh and i have a update its quite awkward,the cpu usage is 40-60% while the gpu is 100% what could it bee hmm :/

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You get bad fps because the gpu is maxed out in usage. Having any pc component run 100% is bad. There's no room to move.

Id suggest you reinstall the gpu drivers with current from nvidia. But first, goto guru3d.com and get the Driver Deleter Utility, (DDU) and run that. That'll remove any and all of the old drivers that might be conflicting with the new ones. It will take you through safe mode, this is normal. Then install new drivers when that's done.

hajradinigenti

Prominent
Oct 16, 2017
Uhm GTA V,COD WW2,The Witcher 3,like literally every game runs slower on this card,but im 100% sure that its the cpu i mean its really suspicious,like its using 40 to 60 % and the gpu usage is 98%

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Lower some of your graphics settings. Viewing distance to short, grass detail to minimum, make sure in nvidia control panel that physX is set to gpu. Some of those graphics details are cpu bound so affect cpu performance that's not registered by %. You can be bogging down a cpu at 60% because it literally cannot give the gpu what it needs and the gpu is packing buffers to the gills.

hajradinigenti

Prominent
Oct 16, 2017
Sorry lads for coming late,i did reset windows 10 but unfortunately I had no luck it was still using 100% (gpu)
But when I lower the graphics detail and oc the card the fps is ok around 50-60!