Would be funny to see an ad:

'Download MS Office 2013'
* looks down at active torrents *
Currently Seeding MS Office 2013

'oops'

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
So what is the latest version of utorrent without sponsored torrents and without the banner ads? 3.1.2?
I suspect most people who get annoyed at this will just revert back to an older version and disable update checking.

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
That's why I stick to Bittorrent. Their ads are almost unnoticeable.

Now will any content be downloaded to your computer without permission?

mrpijey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
[citation][nom]paulimur[/nom]uTorrent uninstalled...[/citation]
Agreed, µTorrent isn't very "µ" anymore with its bloatware and buggy junk. I can't even use their new versions since it drops the speeds to about 0.01% of the original speed. Completely useless.

Anyone got any recommendations for a new slim, fast and bloatware-free client?

paulimur

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
[citation][nom]mrpijey[/nom]Agreed, µTorrent isn't very "µ" anymore with its bloatware and buggy junk. I can't even use their new versions since it drops the speeds to about 0.01% of the original speed. Completely useless.Anyone got any recommendations for a new slim, fast and bloatware-free client?[/citation]

I am trying out deluge - so far so good.

cwolf78

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
I have not experienced any problems with uTorrent. The only annoying thing is how often it updates if you have beta updates enabled. Otherwise I haven't noticed any performance fall-offs or bugs.

cRACKmONKEY421

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
Transmission > µTorrent
µTorrent is bloated adware these days. Transmission runs on my router without needing a computer to be on. Transmission FTW

the_crippler

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
[citation][nom]mrpijey[/nom]Anyone got any recommendations for a new slim, fast and bloatware-free client?[/citation]

On my Linux box I use Ktorrent, and Vuze on the Windows machine.

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]the_crippler[/nom]On my Linux box I use Ktorrent, and Vuze on the Windows machine.[/citation]
He asked for a bloatware-free client and you list Vuze. I dont even...

the_crippler

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
[citation][nom]Pennanen[/nom]He asked for a bloatware-free client and you list Vuze. I dont even...[/citation]

Yes, and I also said Windows, which is totally bloat-free, right? Relax - I just stated what I use. Ktorrent is what I use 99% of the time.

mrpijey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
I am using 2.2 but it has some annoying bugs. Thanks for all the tips tho, I will be trying out Deluge and see if it's any good. As for µTorrent it's banned in my systems now...

[citation][nom]the_crippler[/nom]Yes, and I also said Windows, which is totally bloat-free, right? Relax - I just stated what I use. Ktorrent is what I use 99% of the time.[/citation]

Well, Windows may not be lightweight no, but that doesn't mean I want to add more bloatware to it :). Vuze is absolutely a no-go as it makes the newest µTorrent look light weight in comparison :).

nonoitall

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2006
[citation][nom]mrpijey[/nom]Anyone got any recommendations for a new slim, fast and bloatware-free client?[/citation]
qBittorrent is currently my client of choice -- lightweight, cross-platform, open source and actively developed.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]mrmaia[/nom]That's why I stick to Bittorrent. Their ads are almost unnoticeable.Now will any content be downloaded to your computer without permission?[/citation]
You do know that if you are using the newest BitTorrent that you are using uTorrent right? Version 6 and up of BitTorrent is just a repackaged uTorrent.

jerm1027

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
[citation][nom]paulimur[/nom]uTorrent uninstalled...[/citation]
Yeah, I stopped using uTorrent quite some time ago. qBitTorrent works for me. A bit buggy, but much better than uTorrent.

malice81

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]did not know Usenet was still active :)[/citation]

The first rule about Usenet... *shhhhhhh*

Status
Not open for further replies.