Utorrent download speed is zero... help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiru9670

Reputable
Aug 25, 2014
I'm getting zero download speed in utorrent; also for torrents with many peers...
all other downloads are working fine.sometimes my upload speed boosts to about 40 kbps but download speed is always 0. i have tried all speed boosting methods mentioned in many sites but of no avail. Also, in the setup guide dialog, (Ctrl+G), instead of the usual locations like uk- london, usa- LA, greece- athens etc. i'm getting only singapore, nairobi, taipei, larnaca. please help!!!! i'm really frustated.(I think this is a problem of time servers as sometimes i cant connect to the default time server-time.windows.com)

Solution
CTRL+P
Bandwith
Change "Global maximum number of connections" to a number that's a lot higher than it is currently is, unless it is currently high, 5000 high
Do the same for "Maximum number of connected peers per torrent"
If this doesn't work then there're more leachers than seeders.

Kiddterralv

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014
CTRL+P
Bandwith
Change "Global maximum number of connections" to a number that's a lot higher than it is currently is, unless it is currently high, 5000 high
Do the same for "Maximum number of connected peers per torrent"
If this doesn't work then there're more leachers than seeders.

Solution
If your firewall or router is blocking incoming connections from peers, your download speed will suffer. In order to receiive, you must give. Also, if utorrent supports it, cap your upload speed to 80% or less of your total upload bandwidth given to you by your ISP.

chiru9670

Reputable
Aug 25, 2014

thanx!!!
there were actually more leachers than seeders...

Nishant0462

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2016

I did that but it gave my speed from 0 to 1kbps only plzz help!

Status
Not open for further replies.