utterly confused & really angry

I cannot make head nor tails of ANYTHING I ever look at on an MSN site or
anything that's remotely connected to them....the "instaructions" and only
MORE confusion on top of the other confusion...I can't understand this systen
enuff to even come back[to where????] to find a response to my questions[in
the event there ARE any?] and so I beg someone..anyone..pleze..tell me - in
terms you'd use for a 5 yr. old idiot - HOW do I a]. USE this
service..pleze...VERY simply 'a-b-c-' step-by-step instructions ONLY....and
then e-mail me at the following e-mail address -
- cunningbaldrick2000@yahoo.co.uk -
I'm beggin' ya' out there - hellllpppppp - spare me a 'homicide charge' on
some poor innocent smart enuff to avoid pc's...................

For a better newsgroup experience:

Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"baffled-baldrick" wrote:

| I cannot make head nor tails of ANYTHING I ever look at on an MSN site or
| anything that's remotely connected to them....the "instaructions" and only
| MORE confusion on top of the other confusion...I can't understand this systen
| enuff to even come back[to where????] to find a response to my questions[in
| the event there ARE any?] and so I beg someone..anyone..pleze..tell me - in
| terms you'd use for a 5 yr. old idiot - HOW do I a]. USE this
| service..pleze...VERY simply 'a-b-c-' step-by-step instructions ONLY....and
| then e-mail me at the following e-mail address -
| - cunningbaldrick2000@yahoo.co.uk -
| I'm beggin' ya' out there - hellllpppppp - spare me a 'homicide charge' on
| some poor innocent smart enuff to avoid pc's...................

Turn off automatic updates as only a fool would have them enabled.
"baffled-baldrick" <baffledbaldrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:789C5CBA-2479-45BF-88EA-734F0CE3CCBC@microsoft.com...

"Hopscotch Whiskey" wrote:

> Turn off automatic updates as only a fool would have them enabled.
> "baffled-baldrick" <baffledbaldrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:789C5CBA-2479-45BF-88EA-734F0CE3CCBC@microsoft.com...
> >I cannot make head nor tails of ANYTHING I ever look at on an MSN site or
> > anything that's remotely connected to them....the "instaructions" and only
> > MORE confusion on top of the other confusion...I can't understand this
> > systen
> > enuff to even come back[to where????] to find a response to my
> > questions[in
> > the event there ARE any?] and so I beg someone..anyone..pleze..tell me -
> > in
> > terms you'd use for a 5 yr. old idiot - HOW do I a]. USE this
> > service..pleze...VERY simply 'a-b-c-' step-by-step instructions
> > ONLY....and
> > then e-mail me at the following e-mail address -
> > - cunningbaldrick2000@yahoo.co.uk -
> > I'm beggin' ya' out there - hellllpppppp - spare me a 'homicide charge' on
> > some poor innocent smart enuff to avoid pc's...................

Out Computer Club currently has 26 Windows XP computers. All have automatic
update turned on. All are cleaned weekly using Ad-aware. XP2 installed
without a hitch (from the CD). We are apparently "Fools." I, and our Board
of Directors, believe that the days of reviewing each and every patch before
installation long past. Personally, I have had automatic update turned on for
both of my own computers running Windows XP since XP was installed over three
years ago.

bj

"baffled-baldrick" wrote:

> I cannot make head nor tails of ANYTHING I ever look at on an MSN site or
> anything that's remotely connected to them....the "instaructions" and only
> MORE confusion on top of the other confusion...I can't understand this systen
> enuff to even come back[to where????] to find a response to my questions[in
> the event there ARE any?] and so I beg someone..anyone..pleze..tell me - in
> terms you'd use for a 5 yr. old idiot - HOW do I a]. USE this
> service..pleze...VERY simply 'a-b-c-' step-by-step instructions ONLY....and
> then e-mail me at the following e-mail address -
> - cunningbaldrick2000@yahoo.co.uk -
> I'm beggin' ya' out there - hellllpppppp - spare me a 'homicide charge' on
> some poor innocent smart enuff to avoid pc's...................

maryc64

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2005

BJ...what did you write? Is there a mod that deleted it?
BB:
Anyways, why oh why would one ever post an email addy here? Nooooo!
Even if it's fake...noooo.
"About e-mail addresses and privacy
It is highly likely that you will receive unwanted messages (spam) in your
regular e-mail account if you use your actual, unmodified e-mail address as
your display e-mail address in a discussion group. Note that your display
e-mail address is different from your notification e-mail address. Your
notification e-mail address must be a real e-mail address in order for you to
be notified; it is stored privately by Microsoft. It is not visible to the
Community. However, your display e-mail address is public and visible to
everyone in the Community.

People who send unwanted bulk e-mail (spammers) regularly gather e-mail
addresses from discussion groups. To help prevent spam in your regular e-mail
account, the default display e-mail address when you post a message in a
discussion group is yourdisplayname@discussions.microsoft.com. The following
are the display e-mail address options you can choose from:

Use a false display e-mail address we generate for you The default address
yourdisplayname@discussions.microsoft.com will be used when you post a
message if you do not change your display e-mail address.

Use a modified display e-mail address Use a different version of your
e-mail address that others will understand, but that spam tools can't
automatically pick up. For example, if an actual e-mail address were
someone@example.com, we would recommend modifying it to one of the following:"
Read the agreement and modify your profile, if you can figure out how using
this information page.

Did you perhaps mean MS rather than MSN???
Then your post would make sense BB! Me too!

Okay...Several options. Don't try to make sense of MS.
Come here or go elsewhere....Read on re: this comment.
Post a specific question, clearly, and wait.

If no response w/in 2 days, then go to a forum that responds!

I find that posting in any MS forum or MS related forum seems to
be rather ignored. This is especially true for low tech requests
lacking a vocabulary at the levels of a tech.
Not helpful! We with low tech skills need help too.
I am testing this forum for responses!
Are they fast? Within several hours or less?
Are they explained at a level requested by the poster?
So there are other sites.
Go to Annoyances. Register but do Searches first. That's the respectful
thing to do and explain that you did, in fact, do research and searches!
Check out Cnet. (I didn't read if we aren't supposed to mention other sites.
If offensive, please edit... If there is a mod!)

If you're a gamer, find that section of your favorite forum that covers
Glitches, etc.
Usually such forum sections are techy for the tech illiterate and will
respond, often, immediately! They, often, are not even game related!!! Yes!
Check that box that says notify you of responses. In your Profile, make sure
to protect your email addy and have the Forum forward the notice of a
response. Protect thyself!
This is basic and I hope doesn't insult you!
Deciphering MS is why I came here.
Deciphering Win XP, and areas, such as, OE is why I came here!
I'll see what sort of responses are posted.
If unsatisfactory, slow response time, etc., I'm gone!
Good luck! Please share if this helps! I really want to know
if my low tech skills can open doors for others at our level
of skills!
maryc64 doesn't use a spellcheck...too lazy