Uverse Speeds Faster Using Switch? Any ideas why?

snobird

Honorable
Apr 14, 2012
I am a little confused on this issue and looking for a little insight. I am using uverse Internet and have the 12mb package. I have the att 2 wire router with a cat 6 cable coming out to my pc, my download speed is 3mb and upload is 1.5mb. If I run through my gigabyte switch the speed is 10.5 up and 1.5 down.

Any reason as to why?

Things I have tried:

Reset my tcp/winsock settings
Tried different mtu, it is current set at 1500
I have adjusted the tcp receive via dr tcp

It seems anything I do I can't run a direct line above 3mb

I was leaning towards maybe too much traffic since I have one computer and three tvs coming out the 2 wire router and thinking that by running the pc direct of switch it is clearing up the traffic, but wouldn't ATT think of this.

My line is good, ATT remove a bridge tap and also switched ports in the vrad, I know my speed is good to the house so I'm thinking more of a pc issue.

Thanks in advance.

sk1939

Distinguished
Well that makes absolutely no sense. The only think I can think of is some kind of incompatibility between your NIC card and the router, which is practically unheard of in this day and age, although it did occasionally happen in the past. Try setting your MTU to 1492 as well to see if it makes a difference.

snobird

Honorable
Apr 14, 2012
1492 no change, Yes im in same boat as you which is this is very strange.

With uverse all tvs are run through rj45 to the router, Do you think it could be a traffic issue since thats what I originally though and now the switch is doing its job and routing it direct.

Thanks for your help btw.