V-MODA Crossfade M-100 or ATH-AG1x

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew63447

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012
I've narrowed things down between the V-MODA Crossfade M-100 or waiting for the new ATH-AG1x to be released. My budget for a good closed headset is $370 or less and do not want to use a modmic. I have tried the Hyperx Cloud II and I didn't like the background noise I experienced. This headset will be used for gaming but also for listening to music and movies.

I know no one has any hands on with the AT yet unless you tested it at a tradeshow I just need to know other peoples opinions of whether or not it's worth waiting or just order the V-MODAs

links below
http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B00A39PPCG/ref=pd_sim_23_5?ie=UTF8&dpID=41v79N85heL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=18RFQJ0R57GPSJW4ARWZ

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/0c3da2c2fc5cd24f/index.html

Solution
two different kinds of sound..

ag1/adg1 are bass light (based on a700x/ad700x headphones) with very large soundstage.
m-100 are fairly bassy with poor soundstaging (closer to the m50x than anything else i'd say)

for advantage i'd say you cant go wrong with the ag1/adg1 headsets. the game one (based on hd598) is not bad either. its more neutral with a bit more bass than the at's, a bit less soundstage and is more mellow and easy listening.

is there a reason you did not like the modmic? honestly its better than some of the mics that come on headsets you buy so its about the same thing.
two different kinds of sound..

ag1/adg1 are bass light (based on a700x/ad700x headphones) with very large soundstage.
m-100 are fairly bassy with poor soundstaging (closer to the m50x than anything else i'd say)

for advantage i'd say you cant go wrong with the ag1/adg1 headsets. the game one (based on hd598) is not bad either. its more neutral with a bit more bass than the at's, a bit less soundstage and is more mellow and easy listening.

is there a reason you did not like the modmic? honestly its better than some of the mics that come on headsets you buy so its about the same thing.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.