V-Moda M100 Weak Bass. Am i doing something wrong?

Rio_2_

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017
So i got my V-Moda headphones a week ago and i noticed that the bass is weak, like very weak and its not even that iam a huge basshead and i need my ears to shake but my G930 had better bass and i realy think iam doing something wrong. I plugged them into my Computer (the green Audio input) and it just feels like a pretty standard unnoticable bass that doesnt hold up to any of the V-Moda m100 reviews at all.

Solution
Your motherboard may not provide adequate power to the headphones. You definitely want some type of amplification with good headphones like that. I would suggest investing in a cheaper amp, it'll make a worlds of a difference. I have a cheap portable Soundblaster E2 paired with my Sennheiser HD 559's, and the sound is more "complete" with the amp.

I'm also guessing the reason why your G930's have better bass is because they have some sort of "Bass Boost" built-in (remember bass boost options on portable cd players?), which a lot of headphones tend to have built-in nowadays.

kbarizo93

Prominent
Dec 27, 2017
Your motherboard may not provide adequate power to the headphones. You definitely want some type of amplification with good headphones like that. I would suggest investing in a cheaper amp, it'll make a worlds of a difference. I have a cheap portable Soundblaster E2 paired with my Sennheiser HD 559's, and the sound is more "complete" with the amp.

I'm also guessing the reason why your G930's have better bass is because they have some sort of "Bass Boost" built-in (remember bass boost options on portable cd players?), which a lot of headphones tend to have built-in nowadays.

Solution

Rio_2_

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017

Can you recommend me an amp that is good for a Desk computer doesnt realy have to be portable or anything just stick in so it works.
Also my Motherboard is a MSI Z87-G47 which isn't great so you might be right.

kbarizo93

Prominent
Dec 27, 2017
Not sure how much you're willing to spend, but personally I wouldn't go over $100 on an amp for those headphones. Anything on the list below should work for you pretty well.

http://headphonescompared.com/headphone-amp-under-100/

Rio_2_

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017

Nope, bass is still very weak if not heard at 100% volume.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2BpZIZm-Z0 Just watch this Video, this guy does'nt use any expensive amp himself and my V-Moda cant move a thin paper even the slightest even with max audio. Maybe iam just crazy...