[SOLVED] V-sync causing stutter! o.o

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 4, 2019
This mainly happens in League of Legends but I also notices it in PUBG and rocket league. If I play with my V-sync turned off I get some screen tearing and not so smooth gameplay despite my gpu being able to keep up with 144hz display. When I turn my V-sync on everything starts to stutter horibly and my fps drops to 50-60 like but it feels like 3 or 4 fps.
I started 2 days ago but I dont rly know what I did to cause this issue.

Solution
well..your display has parematers as follow: Horizontal refresh:160kHz, Vertical refresh: 146Hz

for 4k @ 120Hz u will need 270Khz

so i suppose u have interlaced modes (good for movies, bad for eye strain)
4k interlaced needs just 140Khz @ 120Hz
well..your display has parematers as follow: Horizontal refresh:160kHz, Vertical refresh: 146Hz

for 4k @ 120Hz u will need 270Khz

so i suppose u have interlaced modes (good for movies, bad for eye strain)
4k interlaced needs just 140Khz @ 120Hz

Solution

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
No, it just means he has VSR enabled, which allows you to render at a higher resolution and then downsample (to 1080p). Essentially driver level SSAA. It's a 1080p monitor, it can't display anything higher than that.

Edit: I believe the best way to use Freesync is to enable is to enable Freesync (obviously), enable Enhanced Sync in Crimson settings, and disable any ingame Vsync. Assuming you want to eliminate screen tearing. If you're consistently getting FPS way higher than your refresh rate you can try rendering at a higher resolution such that you stay in your VRR range more often.

Last edited:
Reactions: boju