Question V2rayN

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
hi , unfortunately we are having a lot of internet censorship by government and i use V2rayN and host is a friend in Netherland....

recently the VPN keep DC and error is :
wsasend: an established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

anyone ever hosted this app for someone??
what does it mean? i couldnt call my friend because without a VPN i dont have access to any application like skype telegram or etc..
any hel is appreciated.

that error indicates that there is some issue in your host machine , that is your windows desktop/laptop . May be firewall or antivirus software or some other third party software or your internet connectivity (like blocked by ISP).

Use wireshark to trace the packet flow to understand bit more. As per RFC for websocket , it uses tcp connection , use proper tcp filters with wireshark to capture the packets and inspect from which point the connection has closed.

Reactions: .valkyrie.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
that error indicates that there is some issue in your host machine , that is your windows desktop/laptop . May be firewall or antivirus software or some other third party software or your internet connectivity (like blocked by ISP).

Use wireshark to trace the packet flow to understand bit more. As per RFC for websocket , it uses tcp connection , use proper tcp filters with wireshark to capture the packets and inspect from which point the connection has closed.
its could be the ISP. as i mentioned we are having insane censorships over here...

another question... i have never tried to use this application on Host side since its pointless. but could it be the host that for some reason limit or block me? maby because i have downloaded 10Gb?
can host do that? i mean not full Block but like my problem that i keep DCing and Connecting again?? 5 sec connect then 5 scc dc?

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
try running tracert with host ip command in cmd window
try running tracert with host ip command in cmd window

done that....
there are 16 lane...
11-16 is timeout...

1 is my modem.
2 my country
3 i guess its dns in USA? 22.22.22.22
3 in Belgium
lane 6 is in Italy
number 10 is an ip in Switzerland....

16 is not timeout and its Ip in Netherland

what does it mean?

This is very hard to say for sure since this program appears to be able to use a lot of different protocols to run a vpn type of connection. It could be some code or setting problem with the program and that you would need to find a forum where people discuss that program.
If you are a programmer type it appears to be public source so you could look though the code and maybe find what is causing it.

My guess to what the message means is a actual connection was established between your machine and the remote machine. This is a very basic thing it is purely a series of messages that open the port and both machine agree on what ports are being used and some other details.

After this point the software in your machine detected some kind of error and forced the connection closed. The program could also itself have terminated which will cause that message.

Now this is only my guess I have not looked at the code or as recommended you would need to run wireshark to see the actual data packets being sent between your machine and the remote. Wireshark alone will not tell you why it breaks but it might give you a clue as to where to look.

Unfortunately this is fairly advanced thing. You need both knowledge of network and the software package. Again maybe there is a forum where people discuss that program and someone with internal knowledge can help more.

Most times I would recommend people use openvpn instead of custom stuff like this. Then again if someone/country where to try very hard they can detect tiny differences in traffic using openvpn and actual HTTPS sessions even if it is encrypted.

Reactions: .valkyrie.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
This is very hard to say for sure since this program appears to be able to use a lot of different protocols to run a vpn type of connection. It could be some code or setting problem with the program and that you would need to find a forum where people discuss that program.
If you are a programmer type it appears to be public source so you could look though the code and maybe find what is causing it.

My guess to what the message means is a actual connection was established between your machine and the remote machine. This is a very basic thing it is purely a series of messages that open the port and both machine agree on what ports are being used and some other details.

After this point the software in your machine detected some kind of error and forced the connection closed. The program could also itself have terminated which will cause that message.

Now this is only my guess I have not looked at the code or as recommended you would need to run wireshark to see the actual data packets being sent between your machine and the remote. Wireshark alone will not tell you why it breaks but it might give you a clue as to where to look.

Unfortunately this is fairly advanced thing. You need both knowledge of network and the software package. Again maybe there is a forum where people discuss that program and someone with internal knowledge can help more.

Most times I would recommend people use openvpn instead of custom stuff like this. Then again if someone/country where to try very hard they can detect tiny differences in traffic using openvpn and actual HTTPS sessions even if it is encrypted.
unfortunately, they BAN public VPN and this is the only way.... same thing happens to me with my phone and PC ... i guess i should try another iSP or mobile Data instead of my current connection with hope that this error is my ISP problem

The question would be do they ban private openvpn. Most people that do this just start a vpn server feature that on many routers. Then in the other location you just use the standard openvpn client. Since this is all standard it tends to be very stable.
Most times this traffic looks like you are access a web server at that remote IP and not running a VPN. You need to set it up to run on port 443 to be really sure you look like HTTPS.

The only hole in this is openvpn does not actually use the same exact security messages when the vpn is formed. So they could watch to see if it follows the standards for https. Lots of work to do that.

You could also I guess buy a small vpn server from someplace like google or amazon. They can't ban these IP blocks without shutting down huge numbers of hosted web sites. Many of these are preconfigured but it is pretty easy to run a vpn on even a simple linux image.