V505 Bluetooth to PC Laptop.

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

I own a v505 and a belkin bluetooth USB adapter.

I'd LIKE to transfer images/audio files inbetween the two devices. So
far it seems I may only use DUN through the phone for data
tethering?.. I have done this before with my past Motorola mpx200 (but
that was a windows smartphone) and it allowed me to file browse.

Am I not able to now because unlike the motorola mpx series phones,
the V505 is not a windows smartphone?

Or am I just not doing something correct.. I'd appreciate any
help/advice.

Thank you

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.attws - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <a9ce8e18.0410311835.56242bdc@posting.google.com> on 31 Oct 2004 18:35:44
-0800, mariusdb@gmail.com (M. D. Borca) wrote:

>I own a v505 and a belkin bluetooth USB adapter.
>
>I'd LIKE to transfer images/audio files inbetween the two devices. So
>far it seems I may only use DUN through the phone for data
>tethering?.. I have done this before with my past Motorola mpx200 (but
>that was a windows smartphone) and it allowed me to file browse.

DUN won't allow you to browse and transfer files -- that should be part of
your Bluetooth implementation.

>Am I not able to now because unlike the motorola mpx series phones,
>the V505 is not a windows smartphone?
>
>Or am I just not doing something correct.. I'd appreciate any
>help/advice.

Assuming the V505 supports it, you should be able to browse and transfer file
if your Bluetooth (My Bluetooth Places) is set up properly. (Works for me
with a Sony Ericsson Z600.)

For help with Bluetooth, see the Bluetooth Guide at Jons Guides.
<http://www.jonsguides.com/bluetooth/>

--
Best regards,
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/>

> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.attws - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
> In <a9ce8e18.0410311835.56242bdc@posting.google.com> on 31 Oct 2004
18:35:44
> -0800, mariusdb@gmail.com (M. D. Borca) wrote:
>
> >I own a v505 and a belkin bluetooth USB adapter.
> >
> >I'd LIKE to transfer images/audio files inbetween the two devices. So
> >far it seems I may only use DUN through the phone for data
> >tethering?.. I have done this before with my past Motorola mpx200 (but
> >that was a windows smartphone) and it allowed me to file browse.
>
> DUN won't allow you to browse and transfer files -- that should be part of
> your Bluetooth implementation.
>
> >Am I not able to now because unlike the motorola mpx series phones,
> >the V505 is not a windows smartphone?
> >
> >Or am I just not doing something correct.. I'd appreciate any
> >help/advice.
>
> Assuming the V505 supports it, you should be able to browse and transfer
file
> if your Bluetooth (My Bluetooth Places) is set up properly. (Works for me
> with a Sony Ericsson Z600.)
>
> For help with Bluetooth, see the Bluetooth Guide at Jons Guides.
> <http://www.jonsguides.com/bluetooth/>
>
> --
> Best regards,
> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/>

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Go to either ATT or Cinglular And Buy Motorola Phone Tools . They sell it on
there web page too. Lets you do it all , Transfer Pic's, Address Book and
more.

"M. D. Borca" <mariusdb@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I own a v505 and a belkin bluetooth USB adapter.
>
> I'd LIKE to transfer images/audio files inbetween the two devices. So
> far it seems I may only use DUN through the phone for data
> tethering?.. I have done this before with my past Motorola mpx200 (but
> that was a windows smartphone) and it allowed me to file browse.
>
> Am I not able to now because unlike the motorola mpx series phones,
> the V505 is not a windows smartphone?
>
> Or am I just not doing something correct.. I'd appreciate any
> help/advice.
>
> Thank you

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

$36 from Cingular, but only $18 for USB cable and PhoneTools software (P/N
98571) at www.shopoem.com