VA Head Shinseki Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
The question is why didn't he?

Marv I may be wrong but I think ss202sl is referring to the president with his comment and you're referring to Shinseki, which if I am correct means Shinseki took the presidents bullet, So to speak.

The president is supposed to be aware of everything going on under his administration, that is of course if he is doing his job.

Who knows Marv maybe those reports came in while the prez was on one of his vacations, and his golf score was more important than paperwork?

In other words whose real responsibility is this situation.

If the president plays ignorant, well who is actually doing his job?

Scapegoats, There's a word!

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
So you might be implying there is a coverup here like many other ones we are not aware of.Could be a possibility.

Veterans have been screwed over for years and years, the US has constantly failed those that gave it all for the country, and that's no coverup, that's a fact.

Maybe the US should stay out of these conflicts it's not ready to take care of the aftermath, and begin looking at our soldiers as human beings with families, instead of sacrificial Chess pieces.

Any president coming into office inherits the short comings of the VA, each one has an opportunity to make a difference, but what do they do about it?

The president is the commander in chief, he is responsible!

He's did the honorable thing. But, Shinseki is taking the fall.

I don't think there is a cover up, but just another example of the abysmal record of inaction that will be the legacy of the Obama Administration. Reports indicated that Obama's office was made aware of the VA waiting list "scandal" back in 2010 and they jsut sat on their hands ignoring the problem and hoping it would go away. But the VA has been screwed up for years, so.

What really gets me about this issue is how candidate Obama paid the usual lip-service to the Vets and utterly failed to act. In typical fashion, the Obama Administration completely missed an opportunity to do something meaningful and of value.

Status
Not open for further replies.