[SOLVED] Vacuum cooler causes the laptop to heat even more

elirev4

Prominent
Aug 22, 2019
Hello,

I own an MSI GS65 Stealth Thin 8SF, and I purchased myself a vacuum cooler from Opolar in order to help the computer stay cool.
When I attach the vacuum cooler to the laptop exhaust, the CPU heats up by a few degrees (2-3) than it normally is without the vacuum cooler.
I even tried purchasing Klim Tornado Vacuum Cooler, tried it as well, and same result, the CPU heats up by a few degrees (2-3).
Everywhere I read online, it says that those vacuum cooler help cool the laptop by an average of 8-10 degrees, I don't understand why it doesn't work on my laptop.
Also, I even tried replacing this laptop with a new one from the shop, thinking it might have been an issue with this unit, but the new unit yields the same results...

What am I doing wrong here?

Thank you

Solution
You might want to link the cooler you purchased. In retrospect, I think you know by now that there can and will be paid reviewers as well as bloggers not to mention advertisers for said product, to make it look enticing enough to purchase.

If anything you should ditch the add-on cooler, and try and service the internals of the laptop to rid if of dirt and debris and change the TIM on the CPU cooler to something of higher grade/quality like Arctic's MX-4.

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to link the cooler you purchased. In retrospect, I think you know by now that there can and will be paid reviewers as well as bloggers not to mention advertisers for said product, to make it look enticing enough to purchase.

If anything you should ditch the add-on cooler, and try and service the internals of the laptop to rid if of dirt and debris and change the TIM on the CPU cooler to something of higher grade/quality like Arctic's MX-4.

Solution

elirev4

Prominent
Aug 22, 2019

As I said, I have tried two different vacuum coolers:
Opolar Laptop Cooler
Klim Tornado V2 2019

Both yielded the same results pretty much.
Regarding the internal of the laptop, does opening the laptop voids the warranty usually? (MSI gaming laptop)

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS