[SOLVED] Vacuum my keyboard

Selynelar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2019
Hi all,

My question is that today I tried to clean out the dust so I thought i will vacuumed btw my room so I vacuumed my keyboard.
Not from very close but the hoose was close enough. The keycaps not even touched. The Pc was off. But everything was plugged. After all I read about static electricity. Can it goes through periferials as well?

So my question that is it possible i damaged my pc? And if my pc gets static elecricity after how long shows up any problem? For example right away when I turn on the pc? Or it needs some time. Pc works now.

Sorry for the silly questions.
Thanks for your replies.

Solution
I would never recommend vacuuming the inside of the PC, but vacuuming your keyboard probably has a very low, if not zero, chance of harming anything. Most modern motherboards are well resistant to electrical shock.

The best way to clean a keyboard will be to remove the keycaps, if possible, and clean them in the sink with soapy water. Letting them dry and replacing them. To clean the keyboard itself, you can unplug it and use a cleaning agent, such as Windex with vinegar, and let it dry.
I would never recommend vacuuming the inside of the PC, but vacuuming your keyboard probably has a very low, if not zero, chance of harming anything. Most modern motherboards are well resistant to electrical shock.

The best way to clean a keyboard will be to remove the keycaps, if possible, and clean them in the sink with soapy water. Letting them dry and replacing them. To clean the keyboard itself, you can unplug it and use a cleaning agent, such as Windex with vinegar, and let it dry.

Solution