Value desktop builder

tomgrossi_1978

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
I'd like to buy a new desktop for a second computer. I've built systems in the past but was thinking I'd like to just get one pre-built for me for convenience. It doesn't have to be ultra fast -- I don't do any gaming and this is a secondary PC anyway. I was thinking of just getting a Dell or other value PC, but the one thing I would like is something with reasonable quality components in terms of durability. For example, in my experience the low end Dells tend to use the world's cheapest cases and fans so they sound like a jet engine and then fail in a year. This will be in the room we also use as a guest bedroom so, while I don't need an ultra quiet HTPC type machine, it would be great if it had a decent fan and power supply. Any suggestion (if this is allowed) for a vendor of customized PCs that has inexpensive offerings. Most of the ones I've seen specialize in gaming PCs. Thanks.

I know you would prefer to just buy a PC for the convienience but i urge you to just build it, it will save you money and give you peace of mind.

For $400 you could get something like this:

Intel Pentium G620
2x2GB G.Skill NS
500GB Seagate Barracuda
ASRock H61M-VS
CORSAIR Builder Series CX430
Xigmatek ASGARD II
LG DVD±RW SuperMulti Drive
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit