Value of this system?

customcomputer1

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
Hey guys, so I built a gaming rig in May of 06' and I want to sell it now, can you guys tell me what it might be worth? Here are the components:

-Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 ghz E6600
-Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus motherboard
-2x 1GB 800mhz Muskin RAM
-Factory OCed Nvidia XFX 8800 GTS
-Cooler Master Stacker 810 case w/ side window
-Thermaltake Purepower RX 600W PSU
-Zalman CNPS9700 cooler
-Creative X-fi Platinum sound card (with 5.25" bay MIDI inputs)
-Samsung DVD burner
-DVD player
-card reader

*There is no hard drive included since I am now using it as my backup

So how much would this be worth?

ir_efrem

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
Nearly 3 years old... Me personally I would not pay more than $400, but I am cheap. No matter what you say I wouldn't believe you as to whether or not this has been overclocked for long periods of time. So assuming it has been overclocked the amount I am willing to pay just dropped $75. The motherboard and CPU could take a crap at any moment if Voltages were pushed to far. Unless you were willing to sign an affidavit that is notarized that gives me a warranty of some sort (which isn't going to happen).

I believe you could make more if you parted it out and sold the components. You could probably make more off the PS, CPU cooler, sound card, and case (if they were sold separately) than you could off all the parts sold together.

Perhaps I am completely wrong and I am an idiot. Feel free to think and say whatever, really I do not mind. Older components and worth isn't an exact science.

4745454b

Titan
I can quote you prices from used forums.

E6600 - $75
Mobo - $60ish
2GBs - $20
DVDs - $30 for both

I'm not sure about the case. It should be worth close to what you paid for it, unless it has damage. I also don't remember which X-Fi card that is, but its probably worth close to what you paid for it as well. The CPU cooler is another that someone else will need to look up. There are so many GTS cards out there that I would need more info before quoting a price. If its one of the 640/320 GTS cards, then you can add another $50. If its one of the good GTS card, add $100. You've got just under $200 for the parts I listed. You should be able to part it for $350+. More if someone buys the case.

If it was a working machine that could actually play modern games at moderate settings, it should be worth 400 for someone... because they can't buy a new system that will do that for less than 7-800 bucks.

As you say, add a hard drive and legal OS license, and you can move it on Craigslist.

These kind of questions are tough. Who knows what it is worth?
It is worth whatever a buyer will pay, and a seller will take.
I have seen systems like this sell for a couple hundred, and I have seen them sell for $800. You never know. But to most enthusiasts on this site, a 2 year old system is not worth a lot. Definetly would get much more attention with an OS installed, and the system configured and running, ready to go.

customcomputer1

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
I think I'll just get a 320GB drive and pop a copy of vista on there (torrented) that way it'll only cost me $50 and I can sell it on craigslist to a non-enthusiast for about $500ish. Thanks for the help guys!