Value/Speed

G

Hi and thank you 4 your help...
The reason for this question is; Im putting 2gether an "old" powerbox because of the current value of the parts. They are alot lower priced now 'cause they are not state of the art parts anymore. But the THG powerbox is still pretty powerful...wont u say?
SO WHAT I REALLY WANT TO KNOW IS;
he recommends a Geforce 2 ULTRA but is that most preformance 4 the money or what do you think?? And should I get the 64 mb or the 32 mb (I want it with TV-in/out and TV-tuner). And whats best GTS or ULTRA or GTS Pro...or...even the GeForce3.
NeXuZ

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Depends what you mean by beat. The Radeon beats the GF2, GF2 Ultra, GF3 in 2d graphics as in sharpness with equivalent speed. Beats it in DVD quality with less cpu usage. The Matrox G400, 450 beats the Radeon in 2d graphics. The Voodoo 5500 beats the GF3 in FSAA. The Kyro2 beats the GF2 Ultra in a number of benchmarks depending on certain games as well as having superior FSAA. Confusing? Yes. So if you are more specific then you will get a better answer. The Radeon anistropic filtering is superior to everyones except the GF3. So what are you looking for? What do you need? What do you want? Price per performance or all out performance?. You want the best 3d performance and quality then get a GF3 but don't expect the best 2d or video performance. You need the best 2d then get a Matrox. You want the best well rounded card then get a Radeon64 with the 5ns ram which overclocks to 225/225 core/mem and benchmarks with the GF2 Ultras in 3dMark2001 cost less then half as much as a GF3 (outstanding buy). The Radeon has excellent 3d quality 2nd only to the GF3.

Well to eat your <b>C :smile: :smile: kie</b> and have it too, gotta get <b>Rade :smile: n II</b>