Valve Gets Into Music With Steam Music Limited Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

biohazrdfear

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
This is a really neat feature if you want music integrated within your Steam in game overlay. People will say, "why not be lazy and just use media player". Well, doing is half-assed like that is always tacky.

biohazrdfear

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
No, its definitely not the end for Xbox music because there are too many Windows and Xbox users out there, and more than likely isn't a music service as a whole. Example: Steam/Valve won't have a music market where you can download the newest Justin Beiber album.. This just gives Steam users like me a clean, new integration that allows us to play our music and control our music in game, rather using an alternative program like Spotify or Pandora in the background.

biohazrdfear

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
Now, if Valve does pull that off and feature a full blown music market, then all the more power to them. I just don't see that happening, because I can't see Valve as a music partner. If they offer a music service, they may as well throw out the cash for movie licenses and compete with Netflix, too. Not only that, lets throw in everything else that doesn't relate to games. YOU CAN GET IT ON STEAM! /sarcasm

red77star

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
Is Windows is going to continue be [removed] OS like Windows 8 or they finally decided to match that Metro Crap?

Watch the language. - G

biohazrdfear

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
See, here's the thing. Windows 8 literally smokes Windows 7 in speed and performance. Everyone [removed] about Metro. What is so wrong with it? WHAT is SO HARD about Windows 8 to NAVIGATE through it? Does not having an out dated, stale Start menu really make everyone that [removed]? Get over it people. If you don't like Windows 8, put a plug in your ass and wait until Windows 9.

Watch the language. - G

biohazrdfear

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
I said the same crap about Windows Vista. If you weren't a broke joke and actually got a computer that was worth a damn, Vista was the best OS you could think about getting. I wasn't touching Windows XP after I had a fiddle around with Vista. Everyone said Vista was terrible. It was wonderful for me, and so is Windows 8.

bloodroses75

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
Definitely a neat feature to have. Sounds like the mod I used to run for World of Warcraft years ago that allowed me to play my own music in the game. As for having an actual music service, Valve/Steam would be best off using an already established music service out there than just reinventing the wheel. It could potentially be a very large opportunity for that company as Steam could very well evolve into more than just playing games.

Winamp + OpenAL plugin + Hardware accelerated sound(still need a creative card[x-fi and audigy] by the looks of things) :)Without it guns/explosions(was quite noticeable in Starcraft II, but still bad in almost all games) going off in a game actually messes with the music on all versions of Windows since XP(I think it is the software mixer MS uses now).

G

Valve should fix their damn servers before doing anything else.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Here's the thing, if you remove all the tiles from Windows 8 and have a single one for Steam Tiles, then add all your Steam games as launch tiles too it actually looks better than Big Picture. Use Metro as nothing more than a Steam game launcher and it is brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.