Valve, GI Announces Portal 2 for Holiday Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckmanx88

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]I liked Portal... FOR ITS 10 MINUTES!What the hell, it's too short.[/citation]

at the end it says it will be full priced so we might actually get a 10hr+ game. still wished for an episode 3. =(

redplanet_returns

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
everyone has already been spoiled by the orange box bundle...to the point that releasing a sequel of an excellent game from that bundle at full retail price seems very high =/

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]I liked Portal... FOR ITS 10 MINUTES!What the hell, it's too short.[/citation]

Well, it's probably good that they're releasing a full game then, isn't it?

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Well considering how interesting and different the first Portal was, I'm looking forward to the next one. A stand alone is nice too, considering most people uninstalled it after the meager 4-5 hours of gameplay were completed.

Now I've got the song stuck in my head, dammit...

***This was a triumph.***
***I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.***
***It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.***

buckcm

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
[citation][nom]NapoleonDK[/nom]Well considering how interesting and different the first Portal was, I'm looking forward to the next one. A stand alone is nice too, considering most people uninstalled it after the meager 4-5 hours of gameplay were completed.Now I've got the song stuck in my head, dammit...***This was a triumph.******I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.******It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.***[/citation]

Those are definitely good, but I like where it says

Aperture Science! We do what we must because we can

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009

The original Portal was more of an experiment to see what kind of gameplay would be possible with this concept, as well as a training ground for gamers. Valve wanted to make sure things looked good before they sunk a lot of money into it. Now imagine a full FPS style game with various weapons (gravity gun, anyone?) and an "Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device" in your toolkit.

And there will be cake.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
BTW, anyone remember the conference room in portal, where there were slides comparing goverment funding for Apature Science and Black Mesa? A sudden spike in support for Apature with corresponding nose dive for Black Mesa. Somethin' must have happened... Nice touch, Valve.

G

[citation][nom]thegreathuntingdolphin[/nom]If this is the reason why there is no EP3 this year I am going to be pissed....[/citation]

Ah, but remember that Episode 3 includes Aperture Science in its storyline, so perhaps they are bridging the two so that when we begin Episode 3, we'll actually know why its included.

victomofreality

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
I'm not so sure about Portal 2 a lot of what made it such a smashing game was that it was unique. The story and humor that went into will lose it's magic now that we know whats going to happen.

Really back bench this for a little while and give us episode 3 already!

Status
Not open for further replies.