valve is UGLY

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

valve is UGLY
i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY

like for example, hl2 retail cover... who would ever think of such an
UGLY idea, putting a UGLY big close-up mug shot as a cover for a game,
worse than that would only be, making the guy smile and showing his
front teeth missing

and them there is steam website... such dark and depressing colours they
use and not even some pictures, and they want us to buy stuff from it?
the thing would be perfect for funerals and an undertaker advertise
its service but not ever to sell games!

and finally valve's logo, that thing give me the creeps! i still
remember along time ago running the original hl for the first time and
being scared with the macabre image of a guy with something coming out
from his eye... why would anybody choose as a logo such a frightening
and repulsive image?

but i'm not complaining about it, if there is something i wish when it
comes to valve is they doing it all wrong so they eventually fade out
so please valve keep up the lousy work!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

difool wrote:

<removed cross posts>
> and finally valve's logo, that thing give me the creeps!

Sounds to me like you're a bed wetter.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Yawn.

difool wrote:
> valve is UGLY
> i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY

--- 8< --SNIP--- 8< ---

Finally, evidence (for those that still need it) that difool has really
lost his grip on sanity.

What started out as a potentially legitimate concern about how Steam
works first became a one-man crusade against Valve, and now has
descended to mindless trolling.

difool: get a life, some perspective, a good grammar book, and just
drop it. Please.

To readers on csipg.rpg and csipg.strategic, please understand this
moron has included you on a post about Half-Life 2, but I'm not sure
why.
Don't bother replying, he gets way too much airtime as it is.

To anyone who does reply to this thread (please don't), could you at
least remove the above two newsgroups from the header, so at least we
can contain this idiotic rambling to the forums where it "belongs".

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Valve has made TWO GAMES and supported counterstrike as an official
mod.. Sure they're high quality titles, but who cares?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

difool bolted into comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg, wreathed in wicked, white hot
flames, and screamed...

>valve is UGLY
>i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY

difool, have you looked in the *mirror* lately. ;^)

--
Zag

Guns cause crime
like flies cause garbage

...bumper sticker

raptor

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2004

"difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message
> valve is UGLY

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message
<snip>

Ok, come on now. I was on your side on this thing so far,
but clearly you are fed up that that the other threads died and
wanna restart it all again. Just let it go man. It's over.

difool wrote:
> valve is UGLY
> i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY
>
> like for example, hl2 retail cover... who would ever think of such an
> UGLY idea, putting a UGLY big close-up mug shot as a cover for a game,
> worse than that would only be, making the guy smile and showing his
> front teeth missing
>
> and them there is steam website... such dark and depressing colours
> they use and not even some pictures, and they want us to buy stuff
> from it? the thing would be perfect for funerals and an undertaker
> advertise
> its service but not ever to sell games!
>
> and finally valve's logo, that thing give me the creeps! i still
> remember along time ago running the original hl for the first time and
> being scared with the macabre image of a guy with something coming out
> from his eye... why would anybody choose as a logo such a frightening
> and repulsive image?
>
> but i'm not complaining about it, if there is something i wish when it
> comes to valve is they doing it all wrong so they eventually fade out
> so please valve keep up the lousy work!

hahaha he's lost the plot, now thats definately a quote for the book "valve
is UGLY" lol
--

You're not a God, you're a birthday cake!

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message

difool, killfile

killfile, difool.

I think you will get on well.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message
> valve is UGLY
> i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY
>
> like for example, hl2 retail cover... who would ever think of such an
> UGLY idea, putting a UGLY big close-up mug shot as a cover for a game,
> worse than that would only be, making the guy smile and showing his
> front teeth missing

<snip>

As much as I dislike Steam myself, I must say that you are really making
yourself look bad, and are hurting your own cause by posting about Steam and
Valve the way you have. I've posted about my displeasures of Steam too, but
let's not go overboard. Ultimately, people will vote with their wallets.
I've simply elected to avoid buying games which use Steam and encourage
other concerned consumers to do the same.

shawk

littlemute wrote:
> Valve has made TWO GAMES and supported counterstrike as an official
> mod.. Sure they're high quality titles, but who cares?

You're suggesting we should instead support other developers that make
large numbers of low quality games??

--
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
conscientious stupidity."

Martin Luther King, Jr.

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

please post a pic of yours. and don´t forget to
get a life afterwards.

<chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> To anyone who does reply to this thread (please don't), could you at
> least remove the above two newsgroups from the header, so at least we
> can contain this idiotic rambling to the forums where it "belongs".

There once was a pot, who called the kettle black...you know the rest.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message
> valve is UGLY

Valve is beautiful!

Grackle wrote:
> "difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message
> > valve is UGLY
>
> Valve is beautiful!

HL2 is beautiful!

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

> valve is UGLY
> i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY

I think the rumours of Difool being Gabe Newell
in disguise might be right. This guy is going to
manage to make all Valve haters love Valve.

-Mickmils

KAOS

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 19:12:31 -0500, "Grackle" <nowhere@lalaland.ca>
dared speak in front of ME:

><chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> To anyone who does reply to this thread (please don't), could you at
>> least remove the above two newsgroups from the header, so at least we
>> can contain this idiotic rambling to the forums where it "belongs".
>>

>There once was a pot, who called the kettle black...you know the rest.

Like the part where the kettle was still black. The accuser's
hypocrisy has no bearing on the merit of the accusation itself.

--
Address no longer works.
try removing all numbers from

KAOS

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:40:16 +0000, Shawk <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses>
dared speak in front of ME:

>littlemute wrote:
>> Valve has made TWO GAMES and supported counterstrike as an official
>> mod.. Sure they're high quality titles, but who cares?
>
>You're suggesting we should instead support other developers that make
>large numbers of low quality games??

Perhaps he's suggesting we should instead criticize those developers.
Or perhaps he's just excercising sarcasm.

--

NightSky 421 wrote:
> "difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message
>> valve is UGLY
>> i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY
>>
>> like for example, hl2 retail cover... who would ever think of such an
>> UGLY idea, putting a UGLY big close-up mug shot as a cover for a
>> game, worse than that would only be, making the guy smile and
>> showing his front teeth missing
>>
> <snip>
>

> As much as I dislike Steam myself, I must say that you are really
> making yourself look bad, and are hurting your own cause by posting
> about Steam and Valve the way you have. I've posted about my
> displeasures of Steam too, but let's not go overboard. Ultimately,
> people will vote with their wallets. I've simply elected to avoid
> buying games which use Steam and encourage other concerned consumers
> to do the same.

Now that's a sensible reply. I have no problems with Steam but certainly
don't mind listening to opinions when presented in this manner.

"Top Secret" <top@secret.com> wrote in message
> NightSky 421 wrote:
>> "difool" <john.difool@mail.telepac.pt> wrote in message
>>> valve is UGLY
>>> i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY
>>>
>>> like for example, hl2 retail cover... who would ever think of such an
>>> UGLY idea, putting a UGLY big close-up mug shot as a cover for a
>>> game, worse than that would only be, making the guy smile and
>>> showing his front teeth missing
>>>
>> <snip>
>>

>> As much as I dislike Steam myself, I must say that you are really
>> making yourself look bad, and are hurting your own cause by posting
>> about Steam and Valve the way you have. I've posted about my
>> displeasures of Steam too, but let's not go overboard. Ultimately,
>> people will vote with their wallets. I've simply elected to avoid
>> buying games which use Steam and encourage other concerned consumers
>> to do the same.
>
> Now that's a sensible reply. I have no problems with Steam but certainly
> don't mind listening to opinions when presented in this manner.

I disagree; sanity has no place on usenet.

"Mils Michael" <mickmils@tiscali.fr> skrev i meddelelsen news:csrv3k$dmf$1
@news.tiscali.fr:

>> valve is UGLY
>> i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY
> I think the rumours of Difool being Gabe Newell
> in disguise might be right. This guy is going to
> manage to make all Valve haters love Valve.

This guy doesn't want to pay for his games, and is too stupid to apply a
crack. Go figure.

--
Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u

difool wrote:

> valve is UGLY
> i mean, everything coming from valve is UGLY
>
> like for example, hl2 retail cover... who would ever think of such an
> UGLY idea, putting a UGLY big close-up mug shot as a cover for a game,
> worse than that would only be, making the guy smile and showing his
> front teeth missing
>
> and them there is steam website... such dark and depressing colours
> they use and not even some pictures, and they want us to buy stuff
> from it? the thing would be perfect for funerals and an undertaker
> advertise its service but not ever to sell games!
>
> and finally valve's logo, that thing give me the creeps! i still
> remember along time ago running the original hl for the first time and
> being scared with the macabre image of a guy with something coming out
> from his eye... why would anybody choose as a logo such a frightening
> and repulsive image?
>
> but i'm not complaining about it, if there is something i wish when it
> comes to valve is they doing it all wrong so they eventually fade out
> so please valve keep up the lousy work!
>
> --
> post made in a steam-free computer
> i said "NO" to valve and steam
>
> please sign petition "Say NO! to Steam!" available at:
> http://www.petitiononline.com/nosteam/petition.html

Oh, finally this fool has run out of ammo and now he is pointing his
gun and shouting "Bagn! Bang!".....

shawk

Kaos wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:40:16 +0000, Shawk <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses>
> dared speak in front of ME:
>

>>littlemute wrote:
>>
>>>Valve has made TWO GAMES and supported counterstrike as an official
>>>mod.. Sure they're high quality titles, but who cares?
>>
>>You're suggesting we should instead support other developers that make
>>large numbers of low quality games??
>

> Perhaps he's suggesting we should instead criticize those developers.
> Or perhaps he's just excercising sarcasm.

You're probably right. Shouldn't post after drinking...

--

In comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg Kaos <kaos@ecn.ab.ca> wrote:

> Or perhaps he's just excercising sarcasm.

i have evidence that suggests you're not very good at detecting sarcasm.