Valve Owns Up To Modern Warfare 2 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipmen

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Everyone should take note. They found a problem, admitted to the problem, fixed the problem, and then gave something back to apologize. Another thing anyone feeling kind and giving me L4D2 gift :)

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
Atleast the owned up to their mistake and corrected it. Plus gave the players affected a good game to boot. APPLE AKA Mr. Jobs. LEARN FROM STEAM. They treat their customers right...AND FIX THE PROBLEM. No dumb band-aid fix bumpers lol

OrderChaos

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
@tipmen if I could I would upvote your comment 1000 times. Exactly what I was thinking...also, sorry, i'm not one of those affected so no free l4d2.

Xyos

Distinguished
Everyone makes mistakes. I would of been content with just the apology and a reversed ban, but giving a free game copy away is just awesome! Yet another reason why I love Valve :D

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
THIS IS why VALVE is still loved among PC users... despite their momentary cockiness (charging full amount for L4D2), they give back more and more afterward...

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Well haljordan honestly that would sord of suck, but at the same time if you're that hard up you probably need to take a step back and access some things.

If this would've happened to me, ya I would've diffently have been pissed, and would've let them known. But what steam has done in this case imo goes above and beyond. As a lot would've just reversed the ban and said there you go. They did that, and gave a free game. And not some p.o.s game that would've only cost you 5$ but an actual good game that a lot of people really enjoy.

mikeadelic

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010
[citation][nom]Parsian[/nom]THIS IS why VALVE is still loved among PC users... despite their momentary cockiness (charging full amount for L4D2), they give back more and more afterward...[/citation]
There have been PLENTY of L4D2 sales (it was $17.49 at one point) and it's going for 29.99 right now. Steam often has amazing bundles and flash deals on their games.

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Let me get this straight...you paid $59.99 or something like that, get banned on purpose to get you to buy it again but when the public finds out what Valve was doing, they offer free L4D2 in exchange to shut them up?

Wow just Wow, you know what the best part is ? the tools believes them and takes their game.

L4D2 is like what? $20? And you paid $60? In the end you still lost and the best part is that Valve doesnt lose anything.

Im glad this happen, at least I have even more proof that Valve are a bunch of tards

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
[citation][nom]xerroz[/nom]Let me get this straight...you paid $59.99 or something like that, get banned on purpose to get you to buy it again but when the public finds out what Valve was doing, they offer free L4D2 in exchange to shut them up?Wow just Wow, you know what the best part is ? the tools believes them and takes their game.L4D2 is like what? $20? And you paid $60? In the end you still lost and the best part is that Valve doesnt lose anything. Im glad this happen, at least I have even more proof that Valve are a bunch of[/citation]

the bans were lifted , and we got free L4D2 , Valve dealt with the situation nicely.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Don't play MW2 myself, but its good that Valve recognized and corrected the error and gave a little something back as compensation.

Wasn't MW2 the game Microsoft was banning consoles over when people were playing the game pre-release, even thought they puchased the game legally from a retailer who released the game early to drive up sales? What ever happened with that?

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
ok he's very clever. not only did he admit to the problem, but he gave a free VALVE game to them, which will only increase the users in l4d2... he's trying to bring ppl to his camp, and everyone knows l4d2 is better then mw2.. its fact.

wawa sxm

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
hey when you wanna keep clients you make them happy especially if you have to sit trough non stop updating everythime you wanna play the game...

triculious

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
anyone knows the mail for Mr. Jobs? he could learn a thing or two from Mr. Newell... specially since the latest didn't come up with some comment like "you're holding it wrong"

I tip my hat to Valve and the way they deal with errors

Status
Not open for further replies.