Valve Releases Steam Support Stats To Show Improvement In Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vosgy

Honorable
Nov 24, 2014
"Steam Support received 65,615 requests, and it was able to respond and solve most of the issues with only 7,460 queries left to answer. That’s 58,155 issues solved in one day."
I work in general IT and I can not imagine working in an Environment where there is 65,615 requests in a day, the scale is massive. It also puts other massive companies in scale for me, imagine MS's open and closed jobs.

OriginFree

Distinguished
May 23, 2015
So out of the 58,155 resolved requests, how many were the standard canned response without actually helping or explaining?

From my experience with steam it's at least 50%. Yes, lots of requests are quick and minor but there are a lot of complicated ones. With those, many of steam support workers just do the "it's too much work for me to fix, so tough sh*t" type of response.

FYI, I've had great response from the vast majority of the steam team. Others are just "No" and I don't care if you are technically correct, I said "no" and I'm not going to move the ticket up or change my mind or explain why and if you keep complaining we'll just threaten to lock your account. But I guess there is always one or two of those in every group.

Status
Not open for further replies.