Valve & VU Games Suits Settled

sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

from Blues News http://www.bluesnews.com/
so VU games will not be Valves publishers from August onward. So will Valve
be selling all their stuff via Steam from now on ?
that choking sound you can hear is probably sayNO ....

> VU games will not be Valves publishers from August
> onward
> that choking sound you can hear is probably sayNO ....

Imho this is a far worse problem

<quote>
any license agreement from Sierra Entertainment, Vivendi Universal
Games or any of their affiliates or distributors that may have granted
rights to use Valve games in cyber cafés, whether written or oral, is
terminated.
</quote>

Could give some distributors problems

rgds

According to PC Gamer Magazine the HL2 expansion is only going to be
available via Steam :(

sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

"UKREB" <UKREB@lycos.co.uk> wrote in message
> According to PC Gamer Magazine the HL2 expansion is only going to be
> available via Steam :(

Thats fine - it'll prove whether Steam is a viable way of selling games or
not.
There will be no 'impulse' buying of games from Valve. Its not like you can
walk
into a store and see a game - read the box and slap your cash down. Added to
that
the fact that its a real hassle to sell a Valve game if you get tired of it
I'll need a demo
of the expansion first - no demo no buy.

"Sleepy" <nospam@here.com> wrote in message
> from Blues News http://www.bluesnews.com/
> so VU games will not be Valves publishers from August onward. So will
> Valve be selling all their stuff via Steam from now on ?
> that choking sound you can hear is probably sayNO ....

There isn't anyone around familiar with the heimleich maneuver, is
there? ;)
McG.

Sleepy wrote:
> Thats fine - it'll prove whether Steam is a viable way of selling games or
> not.
> There will be no 'impulse' buying of games from Valve. Its not like you can
> walk
> into a store and see a game - read the box and slap your cash down. Added to
> that
> the fact that its a real hassle to sell a Valve game if you get tired of it
> I'll need a demo
> of the expansion first - no demo no buy.

Thats a good point actually - when you actually have to think about
spending that €40 it's much less likely to happen so easily.

Definitely I'll be waiting until well after the expansion is released
before I weigh up on the possibility of buying it, especially over steam...

Civilian_Target

TRENDING THREADS