valve wins all the awards!

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

valve wins all the awards!

best 2004 intrusive technology for pc games:
steam

best 2004 developer in fooling pc gamers:
valve

best 2004 greedy developer in the pc game market:
valve

best 2004 dictator developer in the pc game market:
valve

best 2004 misleading and deceiving pc game:
half-life 2

overall 2004 best damaging pc game:
half-life 2

overall 2004 best damage to pc games:
steam

congratulation to valve for wining in every category!

--
post made in a steam-free computer
i said "NO" to valve and steam

against steam campaign
http://nosteam.afterdarknet.at/

steamwatch - independent observatory about steam
http://www.steamwatch.org/

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

I haven't bought HL2 due to steam, but I figure if it pisses such an idiot off that it can't be all
bad. I plan on buying it next time I see it on sale.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 10:05:20 +0000, sayNO2steam
<sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:

>valve wins all the awards!
>
>best 2004 intrusive technology for pc games:
>steam
>
>best 2004 developer in fooling pc gamers:
>valve
>
>best 2004 greedy developer in the pc game market:
>valve
>
>best 2004 dictator developer in the pc game market:
>valve
>
>best 2004 misleading and deceiving pc game:
>half-life 2
>
>overall 2004 best damaging pc game:
>half-life 2
>
>overall 2004 best damage to pc games:
>steam
>
>congratulation to valve for wining in every category!

Not quite all the awards.............

Most annoying poster:
sayNO2steam
Most bandwidth wasted to say nothing:
sayNO2steam
Most likely to be commited to an institution:
sayNO2steam

Truly a hero in his own mind. :)

Remove nospam_ to reply by email

Jeff H........

Lies, All lies. Don't believe a word Difool/sayNO says.
He fears the truth!

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

[SNIP]
> Lies, All lies. Don't believe a word Difool/sayNO says.
> He fears the truth!

I never understood what the whole fuss about steam is, and I have been
using it since CS1.6 first came out!

Were it not for steam, I would be stuffed playing any of the half life
series. Shortly after registering my game on steam, I lost the
CD/serial number from the original Half Life CD's, as well as my
computer in the process. (Call it a family member scrapping the wrong
equipment)

With Steam. I download the installer, few MB. I pop in my e-mail and
boom, I can download any of the games.

The only bad thing about steam, is that if you register your Half-Life
account to receive Half-Life2 Silver/Gold Package, you can no longer
create a new Steam ID with the old Half Life package. But since the
Old Half-Life Package costs about £5 in the shops, it is a non issue.

sayNO2steam <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in

> valve wins all the awards!
>
> congratulation to valve for wining in every category!

Wining? ;-)

PS I think HL2 has a fantastic engine, but is waaaaaay overhyped as a
*game*. I found it so boring, linear and with so contrived puzzles that I
uninstalled it in disgust.

vinCe

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?)

"Seymour C. Moore" wrote

> sayNO2steam wrote in

>> valve wins all the awards!

>> congratulation to valve for wining in every category!

> Wining? ;-)

Yes he is isn't he.

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

sayNO2steam <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in

> valve wins all the awards!

Now you are just getting out of control. None of that was informative.
Fanatically posting to many newsgroups with your opinions as though they
were facts puts you in the category with other internet crazys like Dave
Hayes.

Please stop

Gandalf Parker

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

my god, what hobby did you have before the game
came out? the game MADE YOU SOMETHING,
this is the award most people here can miss...

Harcon <harcon01@hotmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
> [SNIP]
>> Lies, All lies. Don't believe a word Difool/sayNO says.
>> He fears the truth!
>
> I never understood what the whole fuss about steam is, and I have been
> using it since CS1.6 first came out!

Well, I'm not a fanatic/troll like the original poster, but I have a few
issues with it - it keeps freezing, it slows my PC to a crawl, even on
broadband it takes forever to update so I dread to think how dial-up users
will fare...

> With Steam. I download the installer, few MB. I pop in my e-mail and
> boom, I can download any of the games.

For dial-up users, that'll take three months per game. ;)

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

sayNO2steam wrote:
> valve wins all the awards!

<snip!>

Actually they missed out on one category - Gabe Newell failed utterly to
win the hotly contested "biggest crybaby on Usenet" gong.

Cheers!
David...

"Harcon" <harcon01@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [SNIP]
> > Lies, All lies. Don't believe a word Difool/sayNO says.
> > He fears the truth!
>
> I never understood what the whole fuss about steam is, and I have been
> using it since CS1.6 first came out!
>
> Were it not for steam, I would be stuffed playing any of the half life
> series. Shortly after registering my game on steam, I lost the
> CD/serial number from the original Half Life CD's, as well as my
> computer in the process. (Call it a family member scrapping the wrong
> equipment)
>
> With Steam. I download the installer, few MB. I pop in my e-mail and
> boom, I can download any of the games.
>
> The only bad thing about steam, is that if you register your Half-Life
> account to receive Half-Life2 Silver/Gold Package, you can no longer
> create a new Steam ID with the old Half Life package. But since the
> Old Half-Life Package costs about £5 in the shops, it is a non issue.

It's been posted in here a few times. For some users, especially those
with hi-speed, it's pretty painless. However, there's people in some
countries that only have dial-up and they 'pay by the min' to be online.
There's other issues, but I'll leave it up to difool (aka sayno2steam) to
jump in and: add, modify, correct me, and provide his take on it.

Jeff Holinski <Holinski@shaw.ca> looked up from reading the entrails of

>On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 10:05:20 +0000, sayNO2steam
><sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>valve wins all the awards!
>>
>>best 2004 intrusive technology for pc games:
>>steam
>>
>>best 2004 developer in fooling pc gamers:
>>valve
>>
>>best 2004 greedy developer in the pc game market:
>>valve
>>
>>best 2004 dictator developer in the pc game market:
>>valve
>>
>>best 2004 misleading and deceiving pc game:
>>half-life 2
>>
>>overall 2004 best damaging pc game:
>>half-life 2
>>
>>overall 2004 best damage to pc games:
>>steam
>>
>>congratulation to valve for wining in every category!
>
>Not quite all the awards.............
>
>Most annoying poster:
>sayNO2steam
>Most bandwidth wasted to say nothing:
>sayNO2steam
>Most likely to be commited to an institution:
>sayNO2steam
>
>Truly a hero in his own mind. :)

You missed a couple.

Most likely to be currently be an escapee from an institution:
sayNO2steam

Most likely to make Derek Smart seem like a polite and reasonable
person.
sayNO2steam

Xocyll

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005, "OldDog" wrote:

sometimes i feel this is too much for me... nobody help anymore
i didn't lose hope, but i'm sure much more tired than when i started in
the end of november last year...

--

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005, Gandalf Parker wrote:

> Please stop

and who will stop valve?
i'm sick of the industry giving valve all the prizes cause what
they want is the monopolistic plan steam is applying to pc games!

nobody defends us!
nobody defends pc gamers!
nobody defends our consumer rights!
its completely despairing seeing how easy valve is implementing
the most damaging, monopolistic against consumer rights plan in
pc games and nobody does anything about it!

so mr gandalf answer me please WHO WILL STOP VALVE?????

--

> On Thu, 03 Mar 2005, Gandalf Parker wrote:
>
> so mr gandalf answer me please WHO WILL STOP VALVE?????

Definetly "us" will. If "us" were enough people to make a difference then
"us" would stop valve. But spewing load after load of posts trying to turn
everyone here into your "us" is doing nothing more than pissing off enough
people to get you put in the nutcase category. You would improve your case
quite abit if you post more information and do it less often.

Otherwise your with the guy who tells us the holocost never happened and
has to get a new account every month in order to do it. Or the KKK folk. Or
the Freedom Knights who feel that trolling equals freedom of speech. They
all believe and they all feel that they represent the rest of us no matter
how many times they are told different.

Gandalf Parker

sayNO2steam wrote:
> sometimes i feel this is too much for me... nobody help anymore
> i didn't lose hope, but i'm sure much more tired than when i started in
> the end of november last year...

Good. Nobody likes you and nobody is going to help you. Go away.

Cheers!
David...

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

Do you need some puppy uppers?

"sayNO2steam" <sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 03 Mar 2005, "OldDog" wrote:
>
> sometimes i feel this is too much for me... nobody help anymore
> i didn't lose hope, but i'm sure much more tired than when i started in
> the end of november last year...

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,alt.games.half-life (More info?)

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 09:56:06 +0000, sayNO2steam
<sayNO2steam@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 03 Mar 2005, "OldDog" wrote:
>
>sometimes i feel this is too much for me... nobody help anymore
>i didn't lose hope, but i'm sure much more tired than when i started in
>the end of november last year...

I'd like to thank you for this post. To hear that you're starting to
wear down and getting tired of this gives us all hope that one day it
might be over.
I guess we just have to be persistant and keep harassing you at every
post. Thanks again. :)