Valve's Big Picture Feature For Steam Now Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Best part of the update for me is that I now can install my most played games now on my SSD drive, or other drives instead of just your local steam folder.

if you want to do that, you need to uninstall game, then on re-install you get a prompt of which hard-drive you want steam to install it on!

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Skeeterpeeters[/nom]Best part of the update for me is that I now can install my most played games now on my SSD drive, or other drives instead of just your local steam folder.if you want to do that, you need to uninstall game, then on re-install you get a prompt of which hard-drive you want steam to install it on![/citation]

awesome, would have been nice a while ago... but i learned to symbolic link, nice to have an in program option though.

[citation][nom]skeeterpeeter[/nom]only takes 10GB to install it. I just looked for you.[/citation]

i really hate the way games are advertised for space on there now. borderlands 2, 20gb, installs at i beleive less than 6gb.

its annoying how they say one thing but are another...

on that note thanks, ill probably end up getting it this sale.

dameon51

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
[citation][nom]skeeterpeeter[/nom]only takes 10GB to install it. I just looked for you.[/citation]
These days, that's a drop in the bucket.

myromance123

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
[citation][nom]Skeeterpeeters[/nom]Best part of the update for me is that I now can install my most played games now on my SSD drive, or other drives instead of just your local steam folder.if you want to do that, you need to uninstall game, then on re-install you get a prompt of which hard-drive you want steam to install it on![/citation]

I'm so excited reading your comment! I just ran out of space on my main drive. Already gave Big Picture a go back when Steam for Linux came out, so your comment was the real big news for me :)

G

yup i like this update because my PC is always hooked up to my 3D HDTV , basicly i use an LG 32inch 3D HDTV conected via HDMI to my AMD HD6850 with the TriDef 3D drivers as my 3d gaming monitor, and to behonest its fookn brill little setup for how little it all cost :D love'n my NEW 3d world, thanks TriDef and amd :D

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009

Adding to this: You must goto the "Downloads + Cloud" tab in the Steam settings and add other folders/drives before having the option to choose them for install.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]If 20 GB is too much, either you need to do a bit of cleaning on your hard drive, or now's a good time to upgrade from that 32 GB hard drive.[/citation]

got about 5tb, about 3tb of that is non backup space.

and i have trimmed almost everything i could off of it before i would be trimming things i still want.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
and the best part about MKLINK is that you can do the install on your big drive, then with a few directory renamings, just move the already installed files to your SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.