Valve's Counter-Strike: GO Dated and Priced

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Seriously $15, that's crazy! Been looking 4ward to this since it was announced. Wow valve has done it again, dota 2 free, cs on the cheap. Absolute legends! Cementing themselves as number 1 above blizzard now for sure. The 3 I hold in the highest regards have always been Blizz, Valve and Epic games. It's good to see Valve's parent company changing hands hasn't had the same negative impact it has had on Blizz. I guess it's got to do with the wankers that now pull blizzard's strings. Grats valve and ty for all the great things you have brought to pc gaming over all these years, cheers. Oh and here's to looking forward to unreal engine 4 and HOPEFULLY a new UT soon. Peace out guys, CS:GO biggest seller of the year 4 sure!

G

15$??? i dont know.... for 35 more i have BF 3 Premium.... i think ill stick with CSS + BF3 Premium

fightingslu

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
[citation][nom]sigma3d[/nom]stop those trashes... i want half life 3![/citation]

The voice actor for Gordon Freeman died over the weekend so they had to cancel Half life 3...

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]quickly reading dated and priced , i read Pirated.[/citation]
Are you saying you are going to pirate a $15 game? A game franchise worthy of $60 even? If so then that is truly pathetic.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Hm, I can either cough up $60 for MW3 or or BF3, or wait for CS:GO for only $15. I think I'll go with the cheaper route as long as the quality of the game is acceptable.

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
[citation][nom]mayne92[/nom]Are you saying you are going to pirate a $15 game? A game franchise worthy of $60 even? If so then that is truly pathetic.[/citation]

comprehension FAIL

zooted

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
[citation][nom]molo9000[/nom]$15 is fine, IF the gameplay is spot on and the community gets behind it and it's not a 3-way-split between CS1.6 CS:S and CS:GO.[/citation]
It will be, a few of my buddies that played the game said that it is a little bit of an improvement over source. It's just not up to par of 1.6.

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
I can't pass this up. I guess I'll be the last one in the known universe to finally play CS, but at least I'll be playing. The only problem I'm sure to face is everyone else will run circles around me on day 1, but such is life (or in this case, death)

G

What will be interesting is an analysis of how much this game gets pirated vs potential profit records. Most people pirate games because they arent worth the asking price. But at 15 bucks I find it hard to believe anyone will go out of their way to steal this. Therefore we may see some landslide profits for valve proving once and for all that if you make something affordable, people WILL BUY IT, and you will make EVEN MORE MONEY than your overpriced $60+ crap.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]quickly reading dated and priced , i read Pirated.[/citation]
Man I pirate a lot and even I would not pirate this game, it's only $15 and worth so much more. This is one game I will buy although that seems to be the trend with Valve games, I legally own most of them already.

leongrado

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
Gatta love valve. TF2 and Counter Strike: Source were probably the cheapest non indie games I've ever bought but I have a total of over 2000 hours of play time. Now they're selling CS: GO for 15$? It's good to see that some game companies aren't turning to money hogs while still making quality games.

[citation][nom]PC Gaming FTW[/nom]Seriously $15, that's crazy! Been looking 4ward to this since it was announced. Wow valve has done it again, dota 2 free, cs on the cheap. Absolute legends! Cementing themselves as number 1 above blizzard now for sure. The 3 I hold in the highest regards have always been Blizz, Valve and Epic games. It's good to see Valve's parent company changing hands hasn't had the same negative impact it has had on Blizz. I guess it's got to do with the wankers that now pull blizzard's strings. Grats valve and ty for all the great things you have brought to pc gaming over all these years, cheers. Oh and here's to looking forward to unreal engine 4 and HOPEFULLY a new UT soon. Peace out guys, CS:GO biggest seller of the year 4 sure![/citation]

Parent company? VALVe is still privatley owned, they are not owned by another company.

atikkur

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
yea 15usd.. i'd be happy to support this game, i will buy this game, awesome price awesome game. i hope this price can be common for all games in the future (24.99usd max).. no reason to pirate for this price,, good for your bussiness.

Tab54o

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Yeah it's 15 bucks but its the same damn game all over again. If people want the same game then go play the same game. I don't get it and screw the pro players they aren't the majority. they can go play the old game too. how about something new like iron sights. Why is that such a big deal?

New players dont like the old game and old players like the old game. Seems pretty simple to me. Old players arent going to switch and new ones will get bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.