Vampire bloodlines problem

Just after i rescue the archaeologist from the deamon hunters and that
boss hunter hits his "blow up the hole level" button. i run along jump
into the boat... the next level starts to load, but then the game
crashes and i land back on my windows desktop with no explination.

Anyone else have this bug?

--
DalienX

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:53:18 GMT, "DalienX" <somewhere@earth.com> wrote:

>Just after i rescue the archaeologist from the deamon hunters and that
>boss hunter hits his "blow up the hole level" button. i run along jump
>into the boat... the next level starts to load, but then the game
>crashes and i land back on my windows desktop with no explination.
>
>Anyone else have this bug?

Yes, everyone has that bug. After one of the developers posted to a
website about it another guy created a patch to fix it.
His site is here: http://oma.cultoftheinept.com/downloads/

I think the official patch also corrected this particular glitch but OMA's
patch fixes many of the little problems with the quests so I'd use it.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Michael Cecil wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:53:18 GMT, "DalienX" <somewhere@earth.com> wrote:
>

>>Just after i rescue the archaeologist from the deamon hunters and that
>>boss hunter hits his "blow up the hole level" button. i run along jump
>>into the boat... the next level starts to load, but then the game
>>crashes and i land back on my windows desktop with no explination.
>>
>>Anyone else have this bug?
>

> Yes, everyone has that bug. After one of the developers posted to a
> website about it another guy created a patch to fix it.
> His site is here: http://oma.cultoftheinept.com/downloads/
>
> I think the official patch also corrected this particular glitch but OMA's
> patch fixes many of the little problems with the quests so I'd use it.

I tried to apply that patch but because it can't find one file it aborts
the install. I just started playing though, so I'm a long way away from
confronting that particular problem.

I already installed the official patch.

Great game, isn't it? :)

DalienX wrote:
> Just after i rescue the archaeologist from the deamon hunters and that
> boss hunter hits his "blow up the hole level" button. i run along jump
> into the boat... the next level starts to load, but then the game
> crashes and i land back on my windows desktop with no explination.
>
> Anyone else have this bug?

You need to install the official patch, that fixes it.

--
John Parkinson

Michael Cecil wrote:

> Yes, everyone has that bug. After one of the developers posted to a
> website about it another guy created a patch to fix it.
> His site is here: http://oma.cultoftheinept.com/downloads/
>
> I think the official patch also corrected this particular glitch but
> OMA's patch fixes many of the little problems with the quests so I'd
> use it.

ahh thanks.

--
DalienX

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:15:45 -0500, ToolPackinMama
<laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

>Michael Cecil wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:53:18 GMT, "DalienX" <somewhere@earth.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Just after i rescue the archaeologist from the deamon hunters and that
>>>boss hunter hits his "blow up the hole level" button. i run along jump
>>>into the boat... the next level starts to load, but then the game
>>>crashes and i land back on my windows desktop with no explination.
>>>
>>>Anyone else have this bug?
>>

>> Yes, everyone has that bug. After one of the developers posted to a
>> website about it another guy created a patch to fix it.
>> His site is here: http://oma.cultoftheinept.com/downloads/
>>
>> I think the official patch also corrected this particular glitch but OMA's
>> patch fixes many of the little problems with the quests so I'd use it.
>>
>I tried to apply that patch but because it can't find one file it aborts
>the install. I just started playing though, so I'm a long way away from
>confronting that particular problem.
>
>I already installed the official patch.
>
>Great game, isn't it? :)

Yes, I thought it was a lot of fun. I'm waiting to forget the plot (as
much as that's possible) so I can replay as something other than a
Tremere. :)

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-02-17, ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
> Michael Cecil wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:53:18 GMT, "DalienX" <somewhere@earth.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Just after i rescue the archaeologist from the deamon hunters and that
>>>boss hunter hits his "blow up the hole level" button. i run along jump
>>>into the boat... the next level starts to load, but then the game
>>>crashes and i land back on my windows desktop with no explination.
>>>
>>>Anyone else have this bug?
>>

>> Yes, everyone has that bug. After one of the developers posted to a
>> website about it another guy created a patch to fix it.
>> His site is here: http://oma.cultoftheinept.com/downloads/
>>
>> I think the official patch also corrected this particular glitch but OMA's
>> patch fixes many of the little problems with the quests so I'd use it.
>>
> I tried to apply that patch but because it can't find one file it aborts
> the install. I just started playing though, so I'm a long way away from
> confronting that particular problem.
>
> I already installed the official patch.
>
> Great game, isn't it? :)

Don't apply the fan patch over the official patch or vice
versa. They were developed independently.

And no it's not a great game. At least not if you've ever played
a real CRPG.

shadows wrote:

> And no it's not a great game. At least not if you've ever played
> a real CRPG.

Oh? Like what?

Michael Cecil wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:15:45 -0500, ToolPackinMama
> <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

>>Great game, isn't it? :)
>

> Yes, I thought it was a lot of fun. I'm waiting to forget the plot (as
> much as that's possible) so I can replay as something other than a
> Tremere. :)

I'm playing 3 characters right now: A male Ventrue, a female Tremere,
and a female Malkavian - comparing how the dialog options and other
variances play out is rather amusing.

If you want a real challenge you could try Nosferatu.

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:30:43 -0500, ToolPackinMama
<laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

>Michael Cecil wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:15:45 -0500, ToolPackinMama
>> <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
>

>>>Great game, isn't it? :)
>>

>> Yes, I thought it was a lot of fun. I'm waiting to forget the plot (as
>> much as that's possible) so I can replay as something other than a
>> Tremere. :)
>>

>I'm playing 3 characters right now: A male Ventrue, a female Tremere,
>and a female Malkavian - comparing how the dialog options and other
>variances play out is rather amusing.
>
>If you want a real challenge you could try Nosferatu.

Hehe, yeah. I think it might go from being a game to being a chore. :)

On 2005-02-17, ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
> shadows wrote:
>
>> And no it's not a great game. At least not if you've ever played
>> a real CRPG.
>
> Oh? Like what?

You must be new here. Fallout and Planescape: Torment. Both are
much better than anything in recent years. In fact you'll find
them coming up in discussions here quite often.

shadows wrote:
> On 2005-02-17, ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
>
>>shadows wrote:
>>

>>>And no it's not a great game. At least not if you've ever played
>>>a real CRPG.
>>
>>Oh? Like what?
>

> You must be new here. Fallout and Planescape: Torment. Both are
> much better than anything in recent years. In fact you'll find
> them coming up in discussions here quite often.

No, really!? :)

Michael Cecil wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:30:43 -0500, ToolPackinMama
> <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

>>If you want a real challenge you could try Nosferatu.
>

> Hehe, yeah. I think it might go from being a game to being a chore. :)

That thought is what stopped me, but what if we're wrong?

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:37:18 -0500, ToolPackinMama
<laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

>Michael Cecil wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:30:43 -0500, ToolPackinMama
>> <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
>
>>>If you want a real challenge you could try Nosferatu.
>>

>> Hehe, yeah. I think it might go from being a game to being a chore. :)
>>

>That thought is what stopped me, but what if we're wrong?

Well, I haven't decided one way or the other except that I'm going to wait
a while to replay it. Working on a stack of Thief II fan missions right
now.

--

shadows wrote:
> On 2005-02-17, ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
>
>>shadows wrote:
>>

>>>And no it's not a great game. At least not if you've ever played
>>>a real CRPG.
>>
>>Oh? Like what?
>

> You must be new here. Fallout and Planescape: Torment. Both are
> much better than anything in recent years. In fact you'll find
> them coming up in discussions here quite often.

Never played PT myself, but Fallout/Fallout 2 have got to be one of the
buggiest games I've ever played.

Still don't understand how I find myself strangly compelled to play them
thougth. ;)

Michael Cecil wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:37:18 -0500, ToolPackinMama
> <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
>

>>Michael Cecil wrote:

>>>Hehe, yeah. I think it might go from being a game to being a chore. :)
>>>

>>That thought is what stopped me, but what if we're wrong?
>

> Well, I haven't decided one way or the other except that I'm going to wait
> a while to replay it. Working on a stack of Thief II fan missions right
> now.

Well, you know what? Just because of our little conversation I decided
to try a FUGLY Nosferatu dude, and I already love him. It's not as hard
as you might think. He can still run around out in the open in town.
It's not like all people refuse to talk with you. OBVIOUSLY all the
quest-related people talk with you. Once in a while a rare person runs
screaming at the very sight of you, but it's not like you can't stroll
around in town, you can.

Hephastus, my Nossie, did the same beginning quests as the other
characters, and the only real difference is that he took out the gang of
crackheads at the beachhouse with astonishing ease. Potence, and
Obfustuwhatmamacallit are both VERY helpful disciplines, at that early
stage.

Also, rats yield way more useable blood for a Nosferatu than for anyone
else. Plus, the rats are easier to catch. The squirmy little devils
are elusive prey for my other vamps, but for my Nossie they just calm
down and wait to be plucked and milked. Awesome!

OK, so my Nosferatu guy has zero chance of getting laid. It's not a
getting-laid game, anyway. It's a kicking-ass game, and so far,
Hephastus seriously kicks ass! :) Besides, he recently did get laid,
and we all saw what THAT came to! ;)

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:07:27 -0500, ToolPackinMama
<laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

>Well, you know what? Just because of our little conversation I decided
>to try a FUGLY Nosferatu dude, and I already love him. It's not as hard
>as you might think. He can still run around out in the open in town.
>It's not like all people refuse to talk with you. OBVIOUSLY all the
>quest-related people talk with you. Once in a while a rare person runs
>screaming at the very sight of you, but it's not like you can't stroll
>around in town, you can.

Only once in a while? Shoot. That's no fun! :)

>OK, so my Nosferatu guy has zero chance of getting laid. It's not a
>getting-laid game, anyway.

I don't know about that. Vampirism is a rather erotic "disease". They
certainly play up the sexual innuendo a lot. I think you can actually
sleep with the pigtailed bar owner, whatever her name was.

>It's a kicking-ass game, and so far,
>Hephastus seriously kicks ass! :) Besides, he recently did get laid,
>and we all saw what THAT came to! ;)

Darn those STDs! :)

Have fun with your Nossie. They get a special lair in the sewers I think.

--

ToolPackinMama wrote:
> Well, you know what? Just because of our little conversation I
> decided to try a FUGLY Nosferatu dude, and I already love him. It's not
> as
> hard as you might think. He can still run around out in the open in
> town. It's not like all people refuse to talk with you. OBVIOUSLY all the
> quest-related people talk with you. Once in a while a rare person
> runs screaming at the very sight of you, but it's not like you can't
> stroll around in town, you can.

I've just started playing the game, and if I understand things correctly it
may be the Nosferatu's supposedly much higher stealth levels that allow them
to move around in the open--sort of like, even if you see them you don't.

At any rate I'm not playing one to begin with, because *I'm* not ready to
look at one. :)

--
chainbreaker

Michael Cecil wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:07:27 -0500, ToolPackinMama
> <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

> Have fun with your Nossie. They get a special lair in the sewers I think.

Surprise, surprise, you get the same dumpy apt. as everybody else in the
beginning! Good thing my neighbors aren't too nosy!

shadows wrote:

> Don't apply the fan patch over the official patch or vice
> versa. They were developed independently.
>
> And no it's not a great game. At least not if you've ever played
> a real CRPG.

It may be bug ridden. It may have a massive memory leak problem. Your
character's appearance might not have (m)any many configuration options. It
might have sod all choice of armour and melee weapons. And it might be too
hack and slash at the end. But damn it. I really enjoyed playing it. I'd
just like to have seen a properly finished version.

--
Morgan.
----

Mail: Morgan.Sales@ntlworld.com
Webpage: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/msales

ToolPackinMama wrote:

> shadows wrote:
>
>> And no it's not a great game. At least not if you've ever played
>> a real CRPG.
>

> Oh? Like what?

PST, FO, FO2...hell ever BG2 and Gothic are better...

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-02-18, ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
> Michael Cecil wrote:
>> On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:07:27 -0500, ToolPackinMama
>> <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
>
>> Have fun with your Nossie. They get a special lair in the sewers I think.
>
> Surprise, surprise, you get the same dumpy apt. as everybody else in the
> beginning! Good thing my neighbors aren't too nosy!

He means later on.

shadows wrote:
> On 2005-02-18, ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
>
>>Michael Cecil wrote:
>>
>>>On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:07:27 -0500, ToolPackinMama
>>><laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
>>
>>>Have fun with your Nossie. They get a special lair in the sewers I think.
>>
>>Surprise, surprise, you get the same dumpy apt. as everybody else in the
>>beginning! Good thing my neighbors aren't too nosy!
>>

> He means later on.

Thank you for explaining what he meant. I'm sure neither he nor I could
possibly continue to converse without your aid.

Stand by: further translations and claifications might be needed. :)

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 07:52:03 -0500, "chainbreaker" <noone@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>I've just started playing the game, and if I understand things correctly it
>may be the Nosferatu's supposedly much higher stealth levels that allow them
>to move around in the open--sort of like, even if you see them you don't.

There's at least one side mission where those stealth abilities ought to
really help. Cynagvat gur jropnzf va fbzr zbqry'f ncnegzrag.

>At any rate I'm not playing one to begin with, because *I'm* not ready to
>look at one. :)

Well you can always pretend you're Willem Dafoe so that's a plus, I think.
:)

--

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:44:09 -0700, James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net>
wrote:

>ToolPackinMama wrote:
>
>> shadows wrote:
>>
>>> And no it's not a great game. At least not if you've ever played
>>> a real CRPG.
>>

>> Oh? Like what?
>
>PST, FO, FO2...hell ever BG2 and Gothic are better...

If those are the only games better than it, I think VMB is really doing
well as a CRPG. Anyhow, Ultima VII > PST so ;PPPP

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

TRENDING THREADS